Request for a moment of silence

ibified

Registered
Today, they are laying Mishawaka Officers James Szuba and his Canine partner, Ricky. If you're so inclined, I'd ask that you take a moment to reflect and think about all our officers do for us.

I'm touched by this loss of life. A silent prayer is indeed in order.

Thanks for sharing this tragic news.

Terrible.

Rest in Peace.

1212.jpg

"On January 9, 2010, Corporal Jim Szuba and his K9 Ricky answered their final call.

While responding to assist a fellow officer, Corporal Szuba and Ricky were struck and killed.

'There is no greater love than a man that would lay down his life for another.'

Mishawaka Police Department Corporal Jim Szuba, 160 and K9 Ricky, are 10-42.

They have gone home for the final time."

:down:

Last edited:
That is a sad tragedy. We had a DPS officer here in Az killed not to long ago when he was struck by a drunk driver. The officer was laying down spike strips to stop the drunk driver that was being pursued by other officers. My brother is an officer here in Phoenix and I hope that I never get that phone call.

Police officers are taken for granted to often.

Thanks for posting the good thoughts and making this thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

was probably around 300 squad cars from all over the country driving by my house around 1 pm :thumbsup:

Todd: I'm betting the number in the funeral procession was closer to 700. There were over 100 K9 units alone.

On a side note - though I know none of the officers this is intended for will ever see this, I want to thank all the officers who came from other cities, counties, and even other states for coming to Mishawaka to see a fellow officer home for the last time. Our community thanks you.

The Good Ones are ALLWAYS Taken..............God Want's his Soldiers...........R.I.P :please:

Back