Republican by how you drive??????

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
today at lunch a coworker claimed he could "read" people and could tell if they golf or whatever sport they play by thier personality "read" by him...and he went on to say that he could tell that based on how you drive (arrogant and self centered) you were republican...then he used me as an example...he asked me if i owned a AR-15. i said no but i am building one in week or two...and he said "see....republican...arrogant...no need for the gun when you can hunt with less". then from there he went on to describe others we work with that are FFL and gunsmiths and because they own alot of guns and the type of guns they were republican and wrong. he even went on to say that currently there is about 100 wars going on in the world and since they are so "fascinated" by haveing these weapons they should "man up" and go join one!!. now i had to jump in and asked him what if they have all these guns as a hobby...or what if they had all these guns not to start or participate in a war or feed their ego..but to be prepared if war is brought to them!! either by thier own goverment or by a foreign one.. and i proceeded to assault his logic by reminding him that no goverment in history was encouraged to give more rights to thier citizens by peacefull actions. (ie changed for the better by peace) and we all know we are doomed to repeat history if we do not study it. i then asked him if having guns and being familiar with them and to know how to survive if needed was a republican trait...then is the Boy Scouts a para-millitary republican trainning program????!!! (be prepared) or i asked if having a AR-15 (a semi automatic rifle that cannot be legaly changed to auto fire) is a trait of a republican...than wouldnt also anyone owning a AK-47 be a "republican" also...and there are alot of people in the world that own them and are NOT republican. i asked him if wanting something that is by his definition "not needed" and feeds an ego...i asked him what size flat screen tv he has..he answered 50 inch...i said "see you are republican you could make do with a 17 inch but your ego wants something bigger"...all in all i got irritated at being "labled" with failed logic in my mind....i dont belive i have any political affiliation i am not bashing those who are "republican" or "democrat" i have no party registry...i vote based on individuals records and "claimed" beliefs and how close i agree with them....end rant:whistle:

another...
The Political Compass
and my result

pcgraphpng.png

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77

pcgraphpng.php

I guess that makes me extremely independent on my views?

Ask him what you are if you own ten Ar15s ,five Ak47s , have four pistols in your car and one in your pocket !
Bet he stops talking to you :rofl:

I always knew I was fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but didn't realize what a "centrist" I am.

FWIW, it's not at all surprising to me that most motorcyclists would tend to be on the Libertarian side of the divide. Personal freedom means something to us and that is reflected in our lifestyles.

pcgraphpng.php.png

You should have told him those gun-owning Republicans are protecting his right to be that stupid....

A people should not fear there government, a government should fear its people. Thomas Jefferson said:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

You should have told him those gun-owning Republicans are protecting his right to be that stupid....

he said democrats own guns...but they just dont buy big ones that shoot mulitple shoots...only whats needed to hunt ...and not display ego

you can tell lots by people behaviour....the way they drive, and even thier choice of cars.

it gets tricky when you try to label someone either conservative or liberal....because most of us are more complex than that.

politics.png

Back