Reporting in

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
To my friends on the org, for 3 years we've (Isiahstites aka Scott) been building the turbo Superbyke, meanwhile I've been finishing up my career as a teacher, logging 1000's of bicycle miles and doing my own separate little motorcycle build (converting a 525 KTM to an adventurer tourer, that post will follow soon). Three months ago an idiot made a left turn in front of me and I T boned him at 35 mph (in my car). Anyways, I was totally sedentary for that three months...2 weeks ago I HAD A HEART ATTACK! My daughter took me to the ER and I was admitted and underwent angioplasty and they put a stent in an artery. It looks pretty darn good considering and the doc says that had I not been an athlete, I might not have made it. I guess those hundreds of highway miles pedaling at threshold were quite an investment. So it seems like I'll be back as strong as ever, that's the good news, laying on a gurney, being rolled into the cath lab with intense chest pain....I think I've doubled my appreciation of life!

Thanks for reading. Doyle

Wow, sorry to hear about the heart attack. Glad to hear you are on the mend, keep riding those bicycles!

glad you're still with us and on the mend! looking forward to many more years :beerchug:

jeez man was wondering why you hadnt posted for a while....get better!!!

Glad you made it, but we all know you haven't a heart :poke: Praying for a full recovery friend.

I got more appreciation of life just by reading your post! Thank you for sharing, and of course wishing you a full recovery.

I hear ya on pushing yourself physically, and can relate - good overall for the health, and you just never know when it may play a positive role.

Those comments are truly special to me, thanks to each of you!

sorry to hear about the accident and heart scare, but very glad to hear you will be around for a long time. :thumbsup:

Doyle,
At this point, I feel like a quote applies here... what is it? oh yeah...

MARINES DO NOT DIE WITHOUT PERMISSION! Glad that you are still around. We need to do some riding together at some point... I would love to see the superbyke!

Hi Ray Dogg!
Glad you are doing better and are on the mend.
I know you will be tearing up the asphalt soon!
Take care my brother and stay safe!
Bubba

Wow, a lot of my favorite org guys are on this strand! It's great to hear from you all. Doyle

I lived in Sparks for about 18 months during 2010-2011.
About 3 blocks from Spanish Springs Airport. Dirt bike riding was a blast.

Wish I had known you then. I was on the forum but never changed my location - my bad.

So what kind of teaching do you do? Are you getting ready to retire and really start living life?

Only because I lived there did I complete riding in all 12 months of the year. :thumbsup:

Yes I was fooled into thinking that in the West it didn't snow. However the amount you get is much much less then
what I was used to and only lasted for a few days, most of the time. Because of that Reno didn't have anywhere near the amount
of snow removal equipment and many drivers don't know how to drive in 4 inches of snow where that is a dusting for us.
The 300 days of sunshine was a welcome change that I miss very much - that and a lack of rainfall. Many times we get more rain in 1 month
then you get all year. No wonder you could rack up 10K miles on your bicycle.

Well even though we never met I also wish you a speedy recovery and many more miles on two wheels of your choice.

Say it isn't so............Doyle. You are my Idol man. Just a walk in the Park for the Original IRON MAN !!

Back