Report your GEN II Busa Issues here.

My 11 Hayabusa, have all the issue highlighted in red.
But for me the most annoying thing is the gap between the left fairing and the balck plastic that located under the left handle bar, It look really ugly!
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I finally found the cure for that,
It was the fairing stay, Here are what i did
1. Turn the bar to maximum right this will allow you to access fairing stay bolts.
2. Use 12mm socket, Just loosen both bolts so you can slightly move your fairing stay.
3. This step you need someone to stay infront of the bike facing the nose. Ask him to grab the area just below the mirror mount(wherever side you have gap) and pull it toward him until the gap is gone.
4. Tighten the bolt as he holding the fairing as quick as possible on both bolts, It's quite heavy.(Make sure he hold it tight,)
5. Now you should not see any more gap.
Here are the pics before and after. I did not take the pics side by side, but it should be very clear.
Before
iCOzIm.jpg

After
rCYJ8Y.jpg

I've had NO problems what so ever with my 09' until I took it out this morning for a short 13 mile cruise. The Stock tires didn't seem to have too much grip! It was 17 Degrees F. The garage was 38 Degrees and it fired right up...I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These perfomance tires need heat in them to activate the compounds for traction.
I've had NO problems what so ever with my 09' until I took it out this morning for a short 13 mile cruise. The Stock tires didn't seem to have too much grip! It was 17 Degrees F. The garage was 38 Degrees and it fired right up...I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

08,gen2,8000 miles,for some time the gear indicator has had a mind of its own ,i bought the switch and gasket a few days ago,its behind the clutch basket,not to bad of a job ,all sorted now ,i did an oil and filter change while i had the rhs plastics off.
to be honest with this milage on,nothing should go wrong,but its like a gorgious woman,you can put up with a few little foybles,just for the buzz you get day to day.

Real scare after buying 09 Busa

Hi everyone. This is my first post on here and I wanted to share my funny story. Today I picked up a 09 Busa with a 300 kit and a ton of other work done to it. This is my second busa so I opted for a little more bling this time. I found an ad on cycletrader for what appeared to be a flawless 09 with over 10k in accessories for $14,500. I went to go look at it and everything seemed perfect. The owner let me take it for a test ride and everything seemed perfect until I pulled the clutch in in third gear around 40mph and the engine died. I thought maybe I had burped the throttle and killed it. It restarted right away and I had no further issues. I figured it was a fluke as the bike only has 1300 miles on it and is in flawless condition. I offered him 12k and after a little persuasion he committed to the deal. I got the finances in order today and went to go pick up the bike. As I rode off on it it died at the stop sign 3 houses down from where I had left. I restarted it and kept going thinking "what did I just buy" as I rode further it kept coughing and the dash was going crazy. Needles sweeping back and forth dying and restarting and just overall chaos. Maybe the fuel was old, possibly a wicked wrong map on the power commander. All negative thoughts entered my head. After getting it home I researched power commander maps and loaded a new map for the yosh pipe. Feeling confident that fixed it I took it for another ride. I make it up the hill from my house to the gate and it died and I couldn't restart it. The battery was dead and it only clicked. At this point I thought I make a huge 12k mistake and the previous owner had pulled a fast one on me. As I coasted it down the hill back home I was thinking how stupid I was to ignore the sign I had seen the day before when it died. When I got it back home I pulled off the seat so I could charge the battery and try my next round of trouble shooting I noticed that there were arcing marks on the battery terminal and upon closer inspection the terminal hold down screws were completely backed out. Feeling ecstatic I quickly tightened up the battery terminals and went for a trouble free amazing ride. What did I learn from this? 1.) when buying a bike always pay attention to the details and don't let what appears to be an amazing deal cloud your vision. and 2.) Check the simplest things first. It had never crossed my mind that a loose battery terminal would cause all that chaos but it made perfect sense when I discover it.
Overall I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I will post pictured as soon and I park it long enough to get a picture.

Happy riding,

Re: Real scare after buying 09 Busa

Hi everyone. This is my first post on here and I wanted to share my funny story. Today I picked up a 09 Busa with a 300 kit and a ton of other work done to it. This is my second busa so I opted for a little more bling this time. I found an ad on cycletrader for what appeared to be a flawless 09 with over 10k in accessories for $14,500. I went to go look at it and everything seemed perfect. The owner let me take it for a test ride and everything seemed perfect until I pulled the clutch in in third gear around 40mph and the engine died. I thought maybe I had burped the throttle and killed it. It restarted right away and I had no further issues. I figured it was a fluke as the bike only has 1300 miles on it and is in flawless condition. I offered him 12k and after a little persuasion he committed to the deal. I got the finances in order today and went to go pick up the bike. As I rode off on it it died at the stop sign 3 houses down from where I had left. I restarted it and kept going thinking "what did I just buy" as I rode further it kept coughing and the dash was going crazy. Needles sweeping back and forth dying and restarting and just overall chaos. Maybe the fuel was old, possibly a wicked wrong map on the power commander. All negative thoughts entered my head. After getting it home I researched power commander maps and loaded a new map for the yosh pipe. Feeling confident that fixed it I took it for another ride. I make it up the hill from my house to the gate and it died and I couldn't restart it. The battery was dead and it only clicked. At this point I thought I make a huge 12k mistake and the previous owner had pulled a fast one on me. As I coasted it down the hill back home I was thinking how stupid I was to ignore the sign I had seen the day before when it died. When I got it back home I pulled off the seat so I could charge the battery and try my next round of trouble shooting I noticed that there were arcing marks on the battery terminal and upon closer inspection the terminal hold down screws were completely backed out. Feeling ecstatic I quickly tightened up the battery terminals and went for a trouble free amazing ride. What did I learn from this? 1.) when buying a bike always pay attention to the details and don't let what appears to be an amazing deal cloud your vision. and 2.) Check the simplest things first. It had never crossed my mind that a loose battery terminal would cause all that chaos but it made perfect sense when I discover it.
Overall I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I will post pictured as soon and I park it long enough to get a picture.

Happy riding,
ohh yea..it could cause all that and more....congrats on the bike...

My 2012 Busa (with only 300 miles on it) does the same thing. I would'nt call it a problem. I too sometimes put the bike in neutral at stoplights and sit upright. I find if I hold the clutch in too long before i try to put it in gear, it wont go. But if i just pull in the clutch real quick and drop it into gear it clunks hard. So, I am trying to find a balance of pulling in the clutch for a second or 2 and then dropping into gear. Seems to be working well. Pull in the clutch lever and give yourself a one, two count and then push down on the shifter. Adjust your count for your bike. I too have tried to put it into gear and not been able to, unless I release the clutch lever and try again. Hope this helps. No issues otherwise with my Busa.

My 2012 Busa (with only 300 miles on it) does the same thing. I would'nt call it a problem. I too sometimes put the bike in neutral at stoplights and sit upright. I find if I hold the clutch in too long before i try to put it in gear, it wont go. But if i just pull in the clutch real quick and drop it into gear it clunks hard. So, I am trying to find a balance of pulling in the clutch for a second or 2 and then dropping into gear. Seems to be working well. Pull in the clutch lever and give yourself a one, two count and then push down on the shifter. Adjust your count for your bike. I too have tried to put it into gear and not been able to, unless I release the clutch lever and try again. Hope this helps. No issues otherwise with my Busa.

Have you changed out the break in oil? It will get smooth in time. Different oils will react how smooth the shifts are also.

So far no probs out of my 012 busa it's got roughly 1150 miles on her took her in at 600 miles. Nothing wrong then and still nothing. Mine was in the crate till the day I picked it up. :race:

I have a similar issue with mine. Shifting from Neutral to 1st is difficult sometimes. It gets to the point where I have to go to 2nd to get moving. But once I am moving I can get back down to 1st with no issues.

Seems to be 1 out of every 10 times I try to go from N to 1 I get this issue.

this is normal. when in neutral just release the clutch for a sec then pull it back in and it should shift right into 1st no prob. gears just need spun a lil to click into gear.

Are you downshifting to 1st gear before you come to a stop? You should be.

Why would you do that? I leave my bike in neutral at stops, and since I bought the best sport bike going, I stupidly assumed that was OK. Was I wrong? In assuming tat the tranny would work at least as well as a Harley?(snicker).Release the clutch just a bit and it will drop in. This tranny is so slick!

Hi guys.. I'm a noob here.. My first time in this forum.. In need of your technical expertise..
I just recently bought myself a stock 2011 gen2 hayabusa from a dealer.
I have no idea on the history of the bike from its previous owner.
I'm facing a problem with the fuel milage. It seems that the fuel consumption is really high.
My bike will only run the most for 220km before the low fuel indicator lights up. This is for city riding as i'm in Singapore and its not long distance riding. Plugs changed, filters clean, no oil leakage. Tyres pressure checked. Is this normal?

I used to ride a 2001 Gen 1 busa with TRE, Kr tuned exhaust and BMC filter and the bike can hit 280km before the fuel gauge reaches the low fuel red line. A huge difference from the gen 2 i've just gotten.

Any advice? Need help! Thanks guys!!

To syuk: I have 2011 mostly stock busa. It's my second gen 2. From what I can tell 40mpg is about the best you can hope for. Little less or more depending on conditions. If you can find someone who knows what they're doing you can have it tuned to be less of a guzzler. However it is a hayabusa. It's built for performance. Not fuel economy. ;)

Hey guys. I've got a 2011. No major mods. 6k miles. I use the rotella syn oil. It has about 3k miles on it. New filter w each oil change.
Was in garage today gettin a fix letting it run for awhile. Snow on the ground. Anyway after it warmed up I gave it a couple hard revs....then the smoke detector went off and I could smell (faintly) the smell of burnt oil. I didn't see any smoke and the smell disappeared almost immediately.
Oil getting old? Normal with hard rev? Any serious thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

Hi Guys,

Recently bought my first busa, k8 with 18000 miles on the clock, what an astonishing machine, love the s-dms mode select, lets me ride it soft or balls to the wall if I choose to, and its COMFY! I test rode a few bikes before and had previously owned 2 TL1000S, they both were stupidly powerful and loud, but the busa is something else, shes completely stock and shes quiet, but wow, what power and comfort at speed.

Question,

What are the best pipes and why?

Cheers,

Timba

I have a 2008 Hayabusa, Love the machine.... NO neutral light no fuel pump prime and the lights on the power commander does not illuminate, bike was crashed I never started it back up due to the stator cover being cracked. I soon after replaced the stator cover. The instrument panel comes on the gauges do everything its suppose to but wont crank or start nor is there a neutral light. I changed the kick stand, I made sure kill switch was in RUN position, I put the bike in neutral but n o neutral light...Yall Please help me..

My 2008 Hayabusa won't crank. I crashed the bike and never tried to restart the bike due to a cracked stator cover. I JUST replace the stator cover. When I try to start but I noticed there is no neutral light nor did my fuel pump make a priming sound. I CHANGED my neutral sensor switch still no start. I changed my kick stand still no start.. please help me.

Back