Replacing front rotors--- PLEASE HELP==

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
I am in the middle of changing out my front rotors and have run into a problem and hope that someone can give me an answer really quick please---I'm trying to get this done so I can ride to work tomorrow....

I have the front wheel removed and have removed all five allen-head bolts that hold the front rotors on the rim---- but they still won't come off the rim?
rock.gif

It seems like they are almost behind a little "lip" on the rim....??? Is there something I'm missing???

How do I get the rotor to come off the rim now... I feel really stupid asking this but I have worked on it for half an hour and STILL can't get it to come off... For those of you that have replaced yours, how do I get the OEM rotors off now and any special process?
rock.gif
... also, going on with the newer ones, any special process???
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

Thanks in advance y'all.... I'm trying to get these changed out now so that I can ride into work tomorrow... so some quick help will be appreciated
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
Chris

rock.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

Just give them a little tap with a mallet or something... if that doesn't work, hit them a little harder...

There is no trick to it...

If the bolts are off holding the rotor to wheel...tap / bump the rotor with wood block or a plastic / dead blow hammer. It will come loose. The bolts are the only means of fastening to wheel.

Chris,
I changed mine a month or so ago, without difficulty

I bet they're just stuck a bit cause of the painted surface.

If you don't have a puller, perhaps a few dozen light smacks on the blunt edge around the circumfrance of the rotor.

Honestly, mine almost fell off.

Sorry -Bob

Chris,
Take a deadblow mallet and hit the center portion of the rim (where the bearing sits). If you hold the rim flat on the ground and smack the rim, the rotor should simply fall down and then you can turn the rim over and repeat if the other side didn't move...

I could use a fresh pair myself Ted, when are they available?
rofl.gif
you should be
corner2.png

yea gotta love the ORIGINAL UN-modified sets
rofl.gif

World according to Ted "this thread needs pictures"

Back