replacing fork seals??

skathegip

Registered
i just got home from ridin today, noticed fluid on on the side of the fairings. further inspection reveals the rt fork is leaking. i bought my bike this last july, it had 7990mi, i am not at 10 300mi. and i guess i have been playing a little since i put the 43 tooth sprocket on back. 2nd gear weelies are kinda fun, but is that what caused this or is it just the cold weather, and lots of miles.

who has done this? how bad is it? any suggestions..

i did get a pic at the park today.

busa_at_the_park.jpg

i guess forks are headed to the local shop....

is this what these things are for???

<!--EDIT|skathegip
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098154309 -->

front_tire_removal_001.jpg

ok 1 day turnaround at local shop. smitherscustoms.com under $150 out the door. new seals fluid, ect. and i got to see a 200+ mph turbo busa w/ nitrous. taking forks off took about an hour. assembled in 1/2 hour. spent most of the time trying to find a way to support the bike w/ out front tire. frame sliders work, but didn't look like they liked it.

sad.gif
- yeh... it's those wheelies... I busted the left fork seal on my SV650... haven't gotten it fixed yet tho...
Nice stand for the bike, btw
wink.gif

creative

(skathegip @ Oct. 20 2004,17:17) ok 1 day turnaround at local shop. smitherscustoms.com  under $150 out the door.  new seals fluid, ect.  and i got to see a 200+ mph turbo busa w/ nitrous.  taking forks off took about an hour.  assembled in 1/2 hour.  spent most of the time trying to find a way to support the bike w/ out front tire.  frame sliders work, but didn't look like they liked it.
ha. i was about to recommend them. Reid did mine, and is doing mine again right now. I own that DIRTY '03 that is sitting up there.

Back