replacing 180 speedo w/ 220

flitemedic13

Registered
ok..here we go....i bought a set of indiglow replacement gauges for my 03 busa...the replacement set has the 220 speedo on it, obviously my 03 gauges are the 180 variety...since the numbers dont align correctly, if i plug these in a slide them over according to the instructions, im assuming that the speedo reading will be off....because the mph marks are not in the same place. Is this an accurate assesment or will the electronics that came with the gauges know when the bike is really going 60 and the needle will display the correct mph speed? If the answer is no it wont read correctly, can a dealer/shop adjust and calibrate the needle to the correct mph reading?? thanx jonathan

NO!

why don't you buy a 99-00 guage assy. the plug right in.
or if you did a search and not be lazy you would find a yellow box works for some of it not all and if I have to explain why it won't work for the whole range you all need to do a search.

I understand your frustration, Johnny... but you need to switch to decaf!
wink.gif

I understand your frustration, Johnny... but you need to switch to decaf!  
wink.gif
decaf??? what decaf

you mean I should not drink 23 pots of coffee for breakfast???
the yellow box won't work due to it is not a linear offset on the difference in MPH get the 220 cluster
Johnny -

The problem is not with 23 cups of coffee before breakfast. The problem is that when you push it that far, you just need to push it a little father, you know how you can drink yourself sober? same concept.

Now what I would recommend is 30 cups of coffee and slam about 10 of those caffeine tablets.

That should push you to the next plateau which is the ultimate relaxation…

poke.gif

Are you saying that the speedohealer(.com) wont work completely, even for an '00 with the 220mph speedo?

If you have a 00/220mph gauge pod the yellowbox or speedohealer WILL WORK to adjust for gear changes!

What he is saying is that you have to have one complete set of gauges! You can't put a 185 mph gauge FACE on a 220mph gauge pod and vice-versa!

I has to be a 99-00 Cluster set with 220mph faces or 01-04 Cluster set with 185mph faces! You can't mix the faces and clusters!

Understand?
rock.gif

If you have a 00/220mph gauge pod the yellowbox or speedohealer WILL WORK to adjust for gear changes!

What he is saying is that you have to have one complete set of gauges!  You can't put a 185 mph gauge FACE on a 220mph gauge pod and vice-versa!

I has to be a 99-00 Cluster set with 220mph faces or 01-04 Cluster set with 185mph faces!  You can't mix the faces and clusters!

Understand?
rock.gif
what he said I had it in my brain but I can't type what I mean

okay, gotcha... probably pretty pricey to attempt to change all the speedo stuff to get the 220MPH face or is this rather cheap do you think?

On another note, did the 99-00 have the same problems as the newer ones do with the speedo being slightly off?

Cloud

Back