Replacement tire and breaks

kzz21

Registered
I'm replacing both and would like to step up to a more performance type products. The parts see 180 two times a week min but I still have alot of fun on the twisties.

I had the EBC brake pads on mine before I went aftermarket with everything and loved them. As far as tires, Pilot Powers are working good for me.

Metzler M-1 alot better than stock...but, don't know how long it will last...
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145334514 -->

My M1 is going QUICK...about 2000 on it and I am having to start thinking about my next tire...pretty happy with it over all though

I ran the m1's last year and I wasn't happy with them. I run twisties as much as possible and when riding hard with my buddies on liter bikes I had alot of slip(chatter) in the hard corners. I also found that I couldn't run over 5000rpms with out the tire breaking free in the corners. The tire turned to butter when the temps got below 50.
I just put pilot powers on this season and I'm very impressed with how they handle. The pilot power is closer to a race tire so the radius is sharper than the M1 which allowed me to slam corners with little effort. They make my busa feel lighter in the turns and I can pull much higher rpms thru the turns as well. I've only got about 600 miles on them so I don't know how long they last. One of my friends who rides a gsxr 1000 got 3500 miles on a rear, but that was to very bald. He rides very hard so I'm hoping to get nearly that.
I really am impressed with the pilot power tires and strongly reccommend them to anyone who spends time in the twisties.

Back