Replacement Fuel Injectors

65Cobra

Registered
I'm not sure if this is a reasonable question or not, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If I wanted to replace the stock fuel injectors on my 99 turbo busa with something more reliable, what are my options?

I'm not considering secondary injectors, nor do I want to install larger injectors that will impair control of the bike at lower rpms. I guess I'm just considering replacing the stock injectors with aftermarket injectors that will still provide as close to stock control of the bike as possible, yet have no problem handling anything in the range of 260-280hp, which is my ultimate goal. Thanks.

A clean set of stockers would be best ticket,good well into 300 hp range...it's not the injectors it's the fuel system volume people misuderstand is needed....

you won't do 300 hp on stock injectors and pump fuel for long. They max at about 280-290 on duty cycle.

It says turbo busa so I'm sure he has a aftermarket fuel setup that should be good for 400hp at least,and he should know at least a mix of fuels should be used up there.

Last edited:
It says turbo busa so I'm sure he has a aftermarket fuel setup that should be good for 400hp at least,and he should know at least a mix of fuels should be used up there.

unless he is running secondaries it doesn't matter what fuel pump or regulator he has...the injectors just won't live.

From other posts...he is using a modified Mr. turbo kit...no secondaries on them.

unless he is running secondaries it doesn't matter what fuel pump or regulator he has...the injectors just won't live.

From other posts...he is using a modified Mr. turbo kit...no secondaries on them.

If you say so I'll leave it alone...seen many all motor 7 second bikes with stock injectors,,,know they make more power than that...

Correct, no secondaries, just stock injectors. I replaced the fuel system with a BEGI MR2035 FMU and Bosch 044 Fuel Pump. The only stock piece left is the header and the Rajay turbo, although it's been upgraded from an FF40 to an EF40.

Last edited:
Depends what you are looking for. Go up a step from the stock 243 to 270cc. I run 370cc now, but I went up in increments over the years and increase in HP. You can always sell or trade the injectors as the need calls.

Depends what you are looking for. Go up a step from the stock 243 to 270cc. I run 370cc now, but I went up in increments over the years and increase in HP. You can always sell or trade the injectors as the need calls.

I'm very interested in this... When you do that, is there a particular brand of injectors you buy? And how would I know for example, that 270cc injectors from another company would be better than the stock 243cc Suzuki injectors. Although other posts seem to support the stock fuel injectors are good to 270 hp, maybe 280 hp, I would like to end up with 300-310 hp so I was thinking along the same lines as your post... get replacement injectors I know will work to at least 300 hp, but don't go overboard so the low end doesn't suffer. I'd like to know more. Thanks.

black bird injectors

or go my route and 1000cc injectors lol j/k (i am building a prostreet so i wouldnt recommend it unless you have a standalone capable of controlling 1000cc high imp injectors)

My stage one turbo with stock injectors maxed out at 274hp, now with blackbird injectors I made 304hp and it still tuned perfect on pump gas

pump gas...you mean cam 2 right?

because it would take about 12-14 psi+ to hit 300 on a stage one kit and that is wayyyyyy too much to rely on 94 octane "pump" gas.

Thanks all for the info. I'll definitely check into the Blackbird injectors but the RC injectors was more of what I had in mind... of course money is always an issue, but at least this gives me a couple good options. :bowdown:

As SFL said...

Ouch!! never ever run and top out with out running high octane at the very least. Ones who have tried have been rebuilding afer BOOM>

pump gas...you mean cam 2 right?

because it would take about 12-14 psi+ to hit 300 on a stage one kit and that is wayyyyyy too much to rely on 94 octane "pump" gas.

Back