Replacement Busa

OK time for a brief update, I wasn't as happy with the bike as I expected to be, the description was "Like New" and well in an attempt to keep my blood pressure at a safe level let's just say that that was not very accurate at all. Several surprises found on closer inspection after getting the bike home so at this point I'm not gonna be entirely satisfied until I confirm the bikes mechanical stability. Here are a couple pics after 5 hours of cleaning a Busa that was never cleaned, yes I said never! bugs petrified for 4 years can be a real mother to get off.

So does the year and color scheme suprise anyone? :laugh:

Story behind the bike is that 44 year old guy buys Busa thinking this is gonna be the bike, his previous bike was a V-Max, imagine that. Now after hip replacement surgery he feels that the Busa just isn't his thing and buys a Harley, falls in love with the Harley and pretty much forgets about his Busa sitting in the garage, finally decides to just sell the Busa...... His words were "I'm a 47 year old guy and I just can't do that bent over crotch rocket thing" My reply "That's OK I'm a 51 year old guy and I just can't do that Harley thing". I just thought the whole situation was unique cause it's a total reversal of my story, cruiser to Busa.

221.jpg

223.jpg

222.jpg

Oh the best part of the trip is that I got a driving award, 80 MPH in a 70 zone, only problen is that I was pulling a trailer and not supposed to be doing over 55 MPH, so yah that makes it 80 in a 55 and did I mention that I was in the fast lane? that's another infraction . . . Zoom Zoom :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
He was actually pretty cool about it, just wrote me up for 10 over so that it's not any points and traffic school eligible. Told me to stay out of the fast lane and also that any ticket over 70 while trailering is automatic misdameanor and 2 points on your driving record. Hell I never knew that, always drove 70-80 pulling my trailer, do you know how slow cruise control set at 60 feels? Felt like I could climb in the back and start cleaning the new Busa. That's right, Gene got a speeding ticket trailering his Busa, is that ironic or what? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Congrads Gene. Also, Way to be Different :laugh: I guess if you are Attached to Something then You are Attached. :thumbsup:

Now Let's Ride Within Our LIMITS This Time and Remember......A HAYABUSA Does NOT FLY OFF Mountains Very Well :rofl:

:whistle:

Congrads Gene. Also, Way to be Different :laugh: I guess if you are Attached to Something then You are Attached. :thumbsup:

Now Let's Ride Within Our LIMITS This Time and Remember......A HAYABUSA Does NOT FLY OFF Mountains Very Well :rofl:

:whistle:

You know bossman I was pulling the warning sticker off the tank when I realized what it actually said, something in regards that serious injury could occur failing to slow down on unfamiliar roads, maybe I should stick that sucker back on there.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh and not really being different, it just feels like it fits.

Last edited:
You know bossman I was pulling the warning sticker off the tank when I realized what it actually said, something in regards that serious injury could occur failing to slow down on unfamiliar roads, maybe I should stick that sucker back on there.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh and not really being different, it just feels like it fits.

I am Just GLAD you are OK and got another BUSA Gene.

PS: EVERYONE should Look at Gene's Original Bike......................He is a VERY LUCKY MAN :bowdown:

Nice looking bike Gene. No need to ride biatch up to the Stampede now. :rofl:

Have you put any miles on it?

Nice looking bike Gene. No need to ride biatch up to the Stampede now. :rofl:

Have you put any miles on it?

Up in Oregon I took it for a quick easy ride to make sure there were no 2nd gear issues, took it real easy though cause I had noticed that the chain was way too loose. This was the first time getting back on a bike since the accident and what I noticed was that there was no fear or hesitation whatsoever, it just felt natural as could be. Back in Sac while cleaning the bike I noticed that the cush drive rubbers are shot, if you grab hold of the rear sprocket the hub wobbles from side to side and front to back, I read some where once that if it has side to side play that the spacer has possibly been left out. I need to pull it apart to determine just what the hell is goin on (this is one of the concerns I previously mentioned). I'm wondering, how the hell does a babied Busa with 2 K miles get a very sloppy loose chain? How does the stock rear tire get run down to the wear bars in the center at 2 K miles? and How do the cush drive rubbers get worn out at 2 K miles? Possibly the Oregon Busa Wheelie King? He really didn't come off that way but lately it seems really hard to tell, Running into so many lately that choose a few bucks over honesty & integrity, makes me sad.:down:

Up in Oregon I took it for a quick easy ride to make sure there were no 2nd gear issues, took it real easy though cause I had noticed that the chain was way too loose. This was the first time getting back on a bike since the accident and what I noticed was that there was no fear or hesitation whatsoever, it just felt natural as could be. Back in Sac while cleaning the bike I noticed that the cush drive rubbers are shot, if you grab hold of the rear sprocket the hub wobbles from side to side and front to back, I read some where once that if it has side to side play that the spacer has possibly been left out. I need to pull it apart to determine just what the hell is goin on (this is one of the concerns I previously mentioned). I'm wondering, how the hell does a babied Busa with 2 K miles get a very sloppy loose chain? How does the stock rear tire get run down to the wear bars in the center at 2 K miles? and How do the cush drive rubbers get worn out at 2 K miles? Possibly the Oregon Busa Wheelie King? He really didn't come off that way but lately it seems really hard to tell, Running into so many lately that choose a few bucks over honesty & integrity, makes me sad.:down:

Disappointing but not something that can't be easily corrected. You can transfer those parts from the "Flying Busa"

BTW Boss, Busa'a do fly fairly well, it's just the landings that can be problematic.

Disappointing but not something that can't be easily corrected. You can transfer those parts from the "Flying Busa"

BTW Boss, Busa'a do fly fairly well, it's just the landings that can be problematic.

As Slow as You Ride RUSS.......The BUSA will Most Likely ROLL OVER the Mountain Instead of Gaining any Flight :laugh:

RIGHT ON GENE-O ! :beerchug:

I ran into some of the same issues when buying my 2nd handers. I think you will be fine with that low of milage. You may have to ride it to 7500 miles until you can register in Ca. Or just put down on the application it has 7500 already.

The center of the original bridgestones will wear alot because those knuckleheads who dont know how to ride will do a bunch of hard launches and burnouts to show off when they first get the bike and of course they never turn.

Congrats on gettin right back in the saddle. :thumbsup:

Right on, Gene!

Congrats, bro! I'm very happy for you...:cheerleader:

glad to see you back on two wheels and doing good :beerchug: hate to hear about your "driving award"

Back