Replace bearings after pulling?

LOL, probably a lack of empathy on my part. See you changed your reply a bit?
No worries, we all good. Before you changed your reply, yes there are a lot of variables on a non manufacturer's dyno, especially if it is measured from the rear wheel.

For new development, or quality control, we test at the crank in a controlled conditioned environment, so the exact conditions are always a constant based on NTP. I am retired, but say we, as I am still involved and spent a great part of my career with one of the major manufacturers. I have to be careful, but they are normally pretty close to the top of list with F1.

So, in short, it gets interesting when I see what "professional tuners" on Haybusas sometimes claim and how folks believe in what they read on the internet.
For a fact....real time numbers are far different than "laboratory" numbers...

I was going to type out something different but did not post reply yet....when I went back in, I noticed it replied without my doing so...kind of like an email where you type a response and then mull it over a little before sending....

For a fact....real time numbers are far different than "laboratory" numbers...
In my world when real time numbers differ from calculated numbers based on empirical data, or what was done in the laboratory, we go back to find out who screwed up, or where we got it wrong, until the numbers are reasonably aligned. Otherwise our work is worthless. In the automotive world, so much development has been done, that it is really almost impossible to get it wrong. Today it is merely a cost issue, when we scale up from the prototype to commercial production and there are issues, it costs an absolute fortune. Toyota probably has that done better than anyone else.

Just pray that when you drive over the Confederation Bridge on your end in Canada, the Civil Engineers did their calculations based on factual models, so you don't end up with a huge accidental mess.

Certain jobs, demands a high level of education backed by a number of years of experience, it just is a fact of life. I am sure you would not expect a Nurse Assistant to perform open heart surgery, for example.

Last edited:
In my world when real time numbers differ from calculated numbers based on empirical data, or what was done in the laboratory, we go back to find out who screwed up, or where we got it wrong, until the numbers are reasonably aligned. Otherwise our work is worthless. In the automotive world, so much development has been done, that it is really almost impossible to get it wrong. Today it is merely a cost issue, when we scale up from the prototype to commercial production and there are issues, it costs an absolute fortune. Toyota probably has that done better than anyone else.

Just pray that when you drive over the Confederation Bridge on your end in Canada, the Civil Engineers did their calculations based on factual models, so you don't end up with a huge accidental mess.

Certain jobs, demands a high level of education backed by a number of years of experience, it just is a fact of life. I am sure you would not expect a Nurse Assistant to perform open heart surgery, for example.
Yep, education is important...I graduated from the "University of Life" and graduated with honors because I'm still alive.

I used a lot of tech to get in and out of very scary places and events and always think to thank the engineers and design teams which gave me the tech to do this.

Never heard of that before. I like it though, maybe I'll take the seals out while I'm there and put a few more notches in the 1 front rotor. I chose the left to help balance from the weight from the exhaust.
Capture.JPG

hopeless-disappointed.gif

Back