Repeat customer .

c10

Registered
Last year he traveled 400 miles to deliver his zrx . Today he brought his Yamaha Raider.
Had to pull exhaust to get rear wheel off .
The Vance n Hines unit blocks the axle nut .
Great design lol . Finished brake fluid flush , all four spark plugs , electrical repairs.
Now onto tires . I'm sure this 240 will be fun !

20200424_200404.jpg

20200424_200410.jpg

20200424_200553.jpg

We had a guy in our bike club who had one and he said it was a torque monster, he had an exhaust on his but I can't remember which one. The HD guys would scoff at it until they got on the open road and he opened it up...they went silent then.

Reactions: c10
This tells you what shops are like today . A man rents a trailer , takes his bike 400 miles from home , gets a hotel room for a night , and then returns home with his bike . $400 was my bill , room $125 , fuel round trip in a truck $ 100 to 125 , trailer rental $50 = $650 to 700 plus his time of travel .
A little bonus though is he received some education on his bikes ( ZRX1100 last year was here ) see the care , and work that goes into service / repair of a bike .

Loyalty goes a long way.....shows how you look after him if he'll go to all that for you to do this work.

Reactions: c10
A break down of $360 @45 and hour for 8 hours of works .
Tires front / rear . Rear requires exhaust removal to access axle nut .
Rear wheel required some clean up from alum etching by unknown tire lube
All four spark plugs replaced , rear cylinder is fun
Full brake system flush / bleed / replace fluids
Clean pistons / pads / calipers
Electrical repairs , additions , clean up of poor wiring
Belt inspection / adjustment
Wheel bearings inspection , and repack of the two needle bearings in the wheel
Diagnose brake light issue to front brake light switch was intermittently working

I usually charge $55 an hour , but with whats going on , and repeat I cut him a little discount . He just gave me $400
Chris was able to see all the work performed . I know its nice to see where the $$$ goes , and what you are getting .

Back