Repairing some ######## mistake

Test_Eng

Registered
Well I come home today from work and decide to clean the bike up. I first clean the right side and proceed to the back and then the left. As im looking at my foot peg something didn't look right. I take step back and notice the drop down bar isn't there anymore. I figured it rattled loose and fell of, OH no it was broken. Then start looking some more. The mirror is scratched, the fairing and decal on the fairing is scratched, the clutch is scratched. The clutch cover is scratched(METAL
banghead.gif
), the turn signal faring is scratched, the front fender is missing a piece of paint, and the black part of the muffler is scratched.
eek2.gif

All i can say is wow with a tear in my eye. Some SOB decide to sit on my bike and forgot to put the kick stand down, OMG! Now need you all know i have a scorpio alarm, w/perimeter sensor, on the bike and the remote was sitting on my desk all day and it never went off. I know the alarm had to go off out side and the idiot must have ignored it.

dunno.gif

So lucky for me i guess, I have some buell pegs on the way thanks to "midlife". But im gonna have to figure out how to fix the plastics and clutch cover.

Has anyone else been in this situation and had a sick feeling in your stomach.
puke.gif

How hard is it to fix the plastics or do I just need to replace them all? As for the clutch cover it might be a PITA also to try and repair. The exhaust I'll probably upgrade to something else.
Any input would be appreciated.

wow this sux.... apt life? or your garage? had to be a pretty good size guy/s to pick it back up..

That sux big time. I'd recommend covering the bike when parked at work! It's worth the effort and keeps folks from being curious.

Better to replace the plastics. Mine is on it's third nose and third front fender. Sucks what happened but like Mr. Bogus said, had to have been a pretty good size guy(s) to pick her back up. New clutch cover too by the way.

My Scorpio won't set off the remote if I'm behind any walls. It's just not capable.

Some frame sliders would be useful to prevent such serious damage.

Bummer, man.

--Wag--

Well I kinda lucked out, 3 days after I bought my new 08, someone backed into it while we were eating dinner. Luckily the guy left a note with his number, his insurance paid for the damage. It was a total of $1098 to replace the front faring and the right faring, but that was at the dealership. I have seen farings on ebay for way cheaper. Good luck fixing it, sorry that it happened, but I kinda know the feeling.

Really sorry to hear that!! I will try to get the Buell pegs to UPS tomorrow.. I hope you will have them by the end of the week..
Anything thing else I can help you with, please let me know.

Bob Midlife III

I have had really good luck buying '08 parts from The PartsDepotStore..
at: http://www.partsdepotstore.com/ (1-800-245-3101) and ask to talk to Ed Allen. They are in NJ and it is not a bad ride if you want to go and pick the parts up.. Tell him I said to call it may help a little. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Bob Midlife III

wow this sux....  apt life?  or your garage?  had to be a pretty good size guy/s to pick it back up..
You would be suprised I had a little fall over in a parking lot with my 08 and picked it up by myself Im 6'2" 165lbs but dont get me wrong it wasnt light just grabbed the handlebars and hoisted her back up.

I had a little garage mishap myself. Im 5'9" and 150. Its amazing what you can do when you are ticked enough at yourself.

Sorry to hear, bro. Sucks to have to fix some one else's fugg-up. Send a PM to vman1300; he'll hook ya up on any OEM replacement parts
winkold.gif

Some SOB decide to sit on my bike and forgot to put the kick stand down,  

But im gonna have to figure out how to fix the plastics and clutch cover.
Hmmm... Clutch cover is on the right, kick stand is on the left  
dunno.gif

So which side did it fall on?
Which cover is on the left (Crank Case???) Its been awhile since I have had to work on a bike.
Stator cover on left side. Sounds like it's time for a Woodcraft.
winkold.gif

Some SOB decide to sit on my bike and forgot to put the kick stand down,

But im gonna have to figure out how to fix the plastics and clutch cover.
Hmmm... Clutch cover is on the right, kick stand is on the left
dunno.gif

So which side did it fall on?
Which cover is on the left (Crank Case???) Its been awhile since I have had to work on a bike.
Stator cover on left side. Sounds like it's time for a Woodcraft.
winkold.gif
+1.... Sorry to hear this my Brother.

Back