Repainting or Replacing fairing ?!?

Sp33D

Registered
so before few days i slip on some mud in light corner, and i "crash" in uber low speed and this sh!t happend to me:

here are pictures of my bike damage:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2268/photo0117l.jpg

second:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2219/photo0118n.jpg

and last one.:

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/7636/photo0120o.jpg

since i love my bike and i want to be perfect, i have 3 options how to handle this:

1. buy new left orange fairing from ebay. on price 350$ i must add al least 50-100$ to ship to my country.

2008 08 HAYABUSA LEFT HAND SIDE ORANGE FAIRING GSX1300: eBay Motors (item 400156331833 end time Oct-20-10 14:10:29 PDT)

2, spend 375 $ on Color Rites orange candy color kit.
I ask them yeasterday and this is what they reply to me when i ask them what to do what to use for this damage and i send them those pictures i put here and this is what they answer to me:

"" It looks like you will need to repaint the whole side so you will need a pint of the base color, a pint of the top color, a pint of clear coat, a quart of reducer, and a pint of primer. You will have to order the decals and the engine case cover from a dealer. Unfortunately we are not able to ship paint to Croatia because paint is hazardous so you will have to find a freight forwarder in the United States (Lower 48) and we can ship to them and they will have to forward the package to you. I will need your address, credit card # with expiration, the name of the freight forwarder, and the freight forwarders address & phone number. The price that I will bill you for everything will be $375.70US and the freight forwarder will bill you something also but you’ll have to talk to them about what they will; bill you. I’ll be waiting for your response. Thank-you. ""

So now i even need to get some freight forwarder (dont know what this is i asume this is someone who will ship it to me) + those kind of money, and i saw here some of you guys repaing works just fine somones bike its darker and dont match the color of the bike.

3.rd solution is to wrap around 3m carbon di-noc vinyl on whole bike or just left and right orange fairings..and later just get kenji...
something like that:

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/wp-content/gallery/2000-hyabusa/hayabausa-dinoc-wrap-2.jpg

So guys and girls what to do ?!?!? i just cant decide what to do ???
:( but i am opet for any of any other solutions

:beerchug:

you can also look into having it "wrapped". Its like a solid decal wrap that you can have anything your imagination can come up with, printed on the wrap. even pictures/photos

buy new and be done. The orange is hard to match, from what I have seen.

buy new and be done. The orange is hard to match, from what I have seen.

100% IMO
Just replace whats needed and Ebay the old ones. This may not be the cheapest, but is by far the easiest way to go and the color will be right

Im new here,but not new to painting.I have been painting for 18 yrs.,both cars and bikes,and yes if you want it to match perfect you will more than likely have to paint it all.I have the same issue on the Busa I just bought,but Im fixing mine myself.Im in good at local PPG jobber store and WILL paint mine to match.Its somewhat difficult because of the "candy".Its a lot like a tri-coat on many high end autos anymore. Spraying a bottom color,spraying a top color,then clear.The trick is to get right amount of the candy on the topcoat.The more you put on,the deeper the color will be.A good idea if you are doing it yourself is to spray a "letdown" panel 1st so you get an idea of how many coats and how heavy a coat you need to spray. Here's mine............ mybitch2.jpg

mybitch4.jpg

mybitch.jpg

On most factory paint jobs,two medium coats of the candy is usually pretty close,blendable anyhow.The bottom coat is no big deal really.Its just basically real "chunky" silver.The trick is the candy coat.

mybitch2.jpg

mybitch4.jpg

mybitch.jpg

Last edited:
I have had to replace a couple of panels and the orange is almost impossible to match unless you buy new.
My wife dropped my busa while washing her, I was coming home from the middle-east and she was trying to get her ready for me to ride. She broke down in tears telling me she dropped my beast. Dealer came and picked her up and replaced the scratched panels.

I would simply replace it. As others have said. it is a tad bit more expensive but, all you have to do it take off the old and install the new. Painting seems to be more of a hassle. Even 417busa, who has been doing it for years, says it can be tricky.

Then when you get it all done, make sure to buy sliders. I have yet to buy them but, a while back I had a little accident in my garage and, although it was a few scuff marks, I think most of it could of been protected by the sliders.

I vote ebay for pre-owned or leave it damaged until you're done dropping it (no offense).
Posted via Mobile Device

Google Honda East. Call their parts department. Ask for Justin. I replaced that part a couple weks ago almost for way less than your Ebay find. He is also a member here on the .Org. With his prices you may be able to replace more than you think. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

YES.
1. If you get,or can afford to replace em,thats your best bet.I will more than likely end up changing the color on mine.

2. And,IMO "color-rite" does NOT use real high quality paint like you can get elswhere.

for the money you'll spend on the paint, just buy the new fairing complete with logo.
I bought some paint from colorite, and it's not as easy as it seems.

If you buy the new fairing, remember to get the appropriate heat shields for the insides as well.

Back