Renthal Bars / Mirrors

Crow

Registered
I bought this bike about 12 years ago after I toasted my 1200 Bandit.

1999 Busa, 4/1 Micron exhaust, Renthal bars, half screen. Otherwise stock.

My problem is that the brake and clutch levers hit the mirrors on full handlebar lock.

I like the riding position: Bandit posture, Hayabusa power, the ultimate sports tourer.

Does anyone here have / know the same layout? If so, could you recommend mirrors? I’d prefer fixed mirrors to bar end jobs, but am I just being stupid here, should I go for bar ends (are they any good?) and, if so, would you recommend removing stock ones? That would mess up the aesthetics, hence me preferring fixed jobs.

I Have Renthal Fatbars (Street fighter bend) with a CNC Topyokes kit. Mines a little different though in that I 3D printed mirror spacers to move my mirrors out and up so they are well clear of the controls.
Screenshot_20180707-165915.png

I had Spiegler top clamp/dirt bike bars on my Busa.
And put bar end mirrors on my Busa and Bking.
Bar end mirrors are excellent, and provide a much larger field of view than any stalk mounts.
I had gsxr1k mirrors on my Busa prior to bar ends. 1k mirrors cleared the bars, and were better than stock as far as how much is seen behind you.
A $20 cheapo set of bar end mirrors on ebay are good enough to try and see if you like them.

Tool, can you tell me how you like the cnc kit from topyokes? I’ve been looking at them lately as a big price alternative to spiegler.

Yes I know the thread is old....lol

Tool, can you tell me how you like the cnc kit from topyokes? I’ve been looking at them lately as a big price alternative to spiegler.

Yes I know the thread is old....lol
Couple of things. I didnt buy the full kit from him. I sourced my own Fatbars on his recommendation and I bought custom brake and clutch lines elsewhere. A) the quality of this clamp is really nice! B) it allowed me to go to a 1 1/8 bar which was something Speigler at the time didn't offer, and I wanted so... C)The owner of the place is not the most communicative guy on the planet. I had to wait a few weeks until he got my parts back from his Anodizers, and did not tell me about the delay. E) I like the ability to change bends as opposed to my old Helibar/Genmar setup, I still want to try a different bend but haven't yet because of my adhesive grip heaters of all things. Overall I would buy them again, just know that he is a small business and it take a little patience, but like I said the quality I believe was worth it.

Thanks! Real feedback. I think when funds free up I will I’ve them a shot. Need to do something as the arthritis and carpol tunnel in my hands make riding hurt.

Thanks! Real feedback. I think when funds free up I will I’ve them a shot. Need to do something as the arthritis and carpol tunnel in my hands make riding hurt.

Brother, you have the best asset within a ride away from you in the form of @c10 Bryan's set up would be great for you I reckon and he might be able to get it sorted for you.

I plan on going with his set up at some point...right now I have awesome steel lines for my brakes or I would have changed it out by now...I just hate wasting these lines.

I’ve got to ride his bike around the block. I do like the way the bars feel. His seat now is a while other story........lol. But was not made to fit my wide behind. Bryan’s bike is the reason I want these.

I’ve got to ride his bike around the block. I do like the way the bars feel. His seat now is a while other story........lol. But was not made to fit my wide behind. Bryan’s bike is the reason I want these.
It goes without saying he would most likely help you getting your bike sorted so you don't give it up.

If I lived near him, he'd have to get a retraining order against me I think as I'd be bugging him for advice in person all the time....LOL!

It goes without saying he would most likely help you getting your bike sorted so you don't give it up.

If I lived near him, he'd have to get a retraining order against me I think as I'd be bugging him for advice in person all the time....LOL!
And id say that's why when he moves he'll be making sure it's where no houses are available close by so none of us follow him :lol:

Back