Rent Solar Power?

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see a price for the rental. Kind of hard to make decisions without information. Nice dog and pony show.

I priced a 700W system and it was like 5G... I am waiting on a reply from the guys out in CA that have the new thin media solar panels.. (supposed to be a lot cheaper than silicon panels)

That's a good deal. If there aren't any other costs after the 5G purchase, it'd pay for itself in about 9 months here.

And no, I'm not green and I think of my carbon foot print more like a bowling score than a golf score.

not sure but it looks like you pay your current electrical rate but to citizenre instead of the power company? and the rate never goes up.. ?? wonder who gets the credits when you sell power back to the grid?

I think they take a 3 year average of your bill..

Install the system and you keep paying what you have been.. your rate does not go up anymore.. but you pay the money to citizenre instead of the power company.. Sort of hard to tell what they are doing and it makes me suspicious of what they are doing..

I have no idea... but the control unit (that controls the system and connects to the "grid" has a 5 year warranty) I just started researching this project about 3 days ago and so still working on all the specifics... I am intrigued by selling power back to the company myself
smile.gif

After I get some more "solid" information I can post it.. just so much "crap" to weed through vs what it really is, is taking some time and I think I may need an electrical engineer to help with this process... (just not enough knowledge about all the little things)

I just got a quote of around $42,000.00 for a system.

Our current electric bill right now without running the air, running the pool less than the required hours per day and having energy efficient bulbs in just about ever room is running around $350.00 per month

the electric company, like the oil companies are raping us because our government isn't doing anything to stop it.

Pissed me off that I pay the government 20% of my income and for what? contaminated drinking water, high gas costs, high electric costs and because the fuel and electricity is so high we are now seeing the prices of products and services rising.

I forgot what country is doing it, but one country I heard about installs solar systems on houses for free. then they tie the house into the main grid. By installing solar systems on every home and tying them into the grid they are able to produce all the electricity that is needed.

If the United States was serious they would start the same kind of program.

Israel requires solar water heaters on every home (largest user of energy in most homes)

I am going to install one myself..

Whe I was in high school we were putting solor on our archietec drafts but our country won't invest in the tech because of the energy companies and there lobbiest's.

go figure.... guess it will be up to us huh? I am raising a heard of hamsters to run my 18' hamster wheel generator... going to feed them lawn clippings and when I need an extra boost of power, I have a bunch of ephedrine pills I an dump in the drip water bottles... I figure around 3500 hamsters should do for a start...

gut feelings are a good thing.... it seemed a bit suspicious how they hid a lot of the "real facts" behind the "show and tell"

They could still be legit but sure is looking bad for them...

Having "Liberal tree hugger" Ed Bagley pitching for them... I think if this fails he should he held liable myself for anyone that lost a dime (even though he is pretty much a worthless pitch guy)

Nice find Robot "cop"
smile.gif

I just got a quote of around $42,000.00 for a system.

Our current electric bill right now without running the air, running the pool less than the required hours per day and having energy efficient bulbs in just about ever room is running around $350.00 per month

the electric company, like the oil companies are raping us because our government isn't doing anything to stop it.

Pissed me off that I pay the government 20% of my income and for what? contaminated drinking water, high gas costs, high electric costs and because the fuel and electricity is so high we are now seeing the prices of products and services rising.

I forgot what country is doing it, but one country I heard about installs solar systems on houses for free. then they tie the house into the main grid. By installing solar systems on every home and tying them into the grid they are able to produce all the electricity that is needed.

If the United States was serious they would start the same kind of program.
wowold.gif
350.00 a mo. and thats w/o a/c. california is raping you guys on pwr.

Back