Renewed member and renewed owner

JBN

Registered
Hello everyone. I was a member here around 2007-2010 or so. I owned a 2004 and a new at the time 2008 blue/gold busa. In late 2010 I fell upon some hardships and of course the bikes were the first thing to go. I’ve owned a handful of sport bikes since, as well as a fat boy, but nothing ever quite stacked up to how much I enjoyed my busas, especially the new 08 I had back then.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I decide I’m going to find another 2nd gen, and have my heart set on getting another blue/gold 08. I found many newer, low mileage well cared for examples, but kept holding out hopes for that one clean 08 I’d hoped to find. And I did find it. 2008 blue/gold with 4K miles. Aside from the slip ons and fender eliminator it’s bone stock and mint.

Anyhow, I’m turning 40 in 2 weeks and saw this as a fitting gift to myself to celebrate. Glad to see this site is still here and running strong, looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

3361C520-BFA5-4291-B37F-5D79CD7F851D.jpeg

Welcome back and glad you got the one you wanted! I also bought a brand new '08 (Black/Gold) to celebrate my 40th birthday years ago. It was an incredible feeling!

:welcome: back!
Nice find, congrats! Nice gift to yourself.
I also bought an 08 back in 2008 to celebrate my birthday.

Reactions: JBN
Welcome back and glad you got the one you wanted! I also bought a brand new '08 (Black/Gold) to celebrate my 40th birthday years ago. It was an incredible feeling!
Thanks. I was a day away from looking at a very clean 2013 model that was also mint. This one popped up last minute and I decided to get this one instead.

Stick strong and you'll catch on to how much @SSGT_B likes his pie. That's his way of saying hello and welcome back. Nice looking bike you found altho it is a nice score for you I don't understand how people have bikes that old and that low of mileage but glad you found one that nice to replace the one u had.

Stick strong and you'll catch on to how much @SSGT_B likes his pie. That's his way of saying hello and welcome back. Nice looking bike you found altho it is a nice score for you I don't understand how people have bikes that old and that low of mileage but glad you found one that nice to replace the one u had.

I also don’t get how a 2022 Busa can be up for sale with less than a thousand miles on it….for thousands less than it cost.

Ah, I assumed that but glad you clarified.

And likewise on the low mileage older bikes.

This bike still had the ORIGINAL TIRES on it!

I mean, this was no easy find by any means and took several months to locate, but letting them sit or only riding 10 miles a month, is not something I’m accustomed to. I’ve addressed all maintenance and yes, tires, lol. Replaced injector screens and o rings, fuel pump sock, all fluids, you name it. It’s going to be used as it was intended.

Back