Removing the speed limiter on an 08 Busa

It's as simple as mailing out your ECU to a company or a tuner that will flash it. Several threads that discuss it in detail and the guys who will do it. Take some time and read up so you know what all an ECU flash entails

Boostbysmith sells a switch that'll remove the top speed limiter only, if that's all you want done.
Otherwise, just have the ecu flashed.

Idk what it is lately but there has been a lot of ECU flash questions and this forum is jam packed with threads that talk about it extensively. All it takes is an hour or 2 of reading and your able 2 find ALL the answers 2 your questions.

Just from reading info on here I ordered the boost flash software watched the youtube videos a few times and flashed my busa myself and I am by no means a whiz with a wrench or computer....

I have a brand new NEVER USED still in the box ECU editor for the 08 if interested. I even have the little pigtail and DVD with it. Sixpack577 flashed mine after I got this thing and never had a use for it. It came from Boostbysmith Not sure what it sells for so make an offer if you like

I have 08 and when i got the bike i notice my rev limiter was 11,500 or more i recently bought the pcv wanted to know if it will be of any use

Busaj84 none of this stuff is necessarily connected. whatever the rev limiter is set to the PCV should work, however if the rev limiter is set to 11,500 the ecu would have to be flashed I think (isn't stock 10,500?). How do you know the rev limit setting without looking at the ECU?

Busaj84 you are not going to get a huge improvement from installing a PCV or AutoTune (I have both). These two mods allow you to maximize other mods that do improve power, etc. A stock bike can adjust to minor changes in the environment and equipment such as slip ons. But for bigger changes like a full exhaust or a racing style air filter the bike needs help to balance out the air fuel ratios. So the PCV will help you tune the bike to run better but you will get maybe 2-5 hp difference from a PCV alone. I got in trouble for over simplifying all of this but basically that's the skinny. The PCV does what ECU flashing does, however ECU flashing offers access to many things the PCV does not.

The Autotune module is essentially a data logger that stores map info while you ride. Then you can look at the data and edit the PCV map based on this real world data. This can be done based on a "stock" PCV map that you customize to your bike using the data stored in the AutoTune device. Remember there are no standard maps - all bikes are different and to get a good tune (with the PCV or ECU flash) you need to put the bike on a dyno.

So the adding a PCV will not add much to the bike power wise, the tune (with additional engine parts like full exhaust) does that. Hope this helps a bit. The bike should run even if the PCV install is screwed up (mine did :laugh:). If the bike ran before you installed the PCV and doesn't now my first guess would be that you got the injector wires crossed up. Even if the PCV is not working it will generally pass the unadjusted ECU map through to the injectors so the bike will run. Check the injector wires again and make sure you started with the 1 wire on the correct side of the bike. Also be sure you are plugging the PCV injector plugs into the primary injectors, not the secondary injectors. The primary injectors are the lower set of injectors.

Top speed limiter and max RPM are NOT the same, in ECU editor.
Busaj84 none of this stuff is necessarily connected. whatever the rev limiter is set to the PCV should work, however if the rev limiter is set to 11,500 the ecu would have to be flashed I think (isn't stock 10,500?). How do you know the rev limit setting without looking at the ECU?

The PCV does what ECU flashing does, however ECU flashing offers access to many things the PCV does not.
A flash will adjust your fueling. That is what a PC5 is for. NOT the same thing though. If you have fueling flashed, you are having the fueling for a different bike with different mods hardwired to your ECU. If you have a PC, the fueling can be easily changed by anyone with a computer. You can tune the fueling yourself with Autotune but you will have to do a fair amount of illegal riding to get the whole powerband mapped. You can have the tuning done a dyno and skip the popo risk.

I do not have either of my bikes flashed yet but when I do, I plan to have the stock fueling left alone and continue to use my PC5 for fueling. I'm sure the maps the flashers have are very good. People seem very happy with them but like I said, it's NOT really a custom tune for your bike.

PS--I like Bazzaz products better for a busa (Bazzaz also makes a module for self tuning similar to DJ's Autotune). Not much difference but the Bazzaz fuel module will accomodate 8 injectors instead of just the 4 primaries. PC is fine for Kaw but if you have 8 injectors, don't you want to tune all of them?.

Flashing can raise the rev limiter, tune timing and a bunch of other cool stuff. I'm not saying don't flash just maybe don't abandon the idea of tuning the fueling for your bike....if you are a stickler for optimum performance.

A flash will adjust your fueling. That is what a PC5 is for. NOT the same thing though. If you have fueling flashed, you are having the fueling for a different bike with different mods hardwired to your ECU. If you have a PC, the fueling can be easily changed by anyone with a computer. You can tune the fueling yourself with Autotune but you will have to do a fair amount of illegal riding to get the whole powerband mapped. You can have the tuning done a dyno and skip the popo risk.

I do not have either of my bikes flashed yet but when I do, I plan to have the stock fueling left alone and continue to use my PC5 for fueling. I'm sure the maps the flashers have are very good. People seem very happy with them but like I said, it's NOT really a custom tune for your bike.

PS--I like Bazzaz products better for a busa (Bazzaz also makes a module for self tuning similar to DJ's Autotune). Not much difference but the Bazzaz fuel module will accomodate 8 injectors instead of just the 4 primaries. PC is fine for Kaw but if you have 8 injectors, don't you want to tune all of them?.

No need to adjust the secondary injectors unless you are doing something that requires a lot more fuel (like a turbo). Bazzaz is nice though - especially the TC module. Also you can add a quick shifter as all 8 injectors are controlled and can be shut off for shifting. You need a secondary control module to quick shift the PCV.

My Gen1 was tuned with the ecu on the dyno for everyday with air shifter and some timeing added , then flashed , My power commander was used to fine tune map #2 for CHP race gas. If all you want is top speed removed buy a tre or just get a cheep reflash

Not done a Gen-2 (or my King yet) but de-restricted both my Gen-1's.

Cost 20c.
I think it was a 6.8ohm resister (all that's in the crude type TRE's)

Next one I do I'll add a flick / bypass switch so I can have a TRE ON/Off
for instant and true back-to-back comparisons.

Back