Removing the Hump without the latch?

Ok so far i havent had any success... I will try the "slim jim" method tonite... Hopefully that will work (sounds easy, let's see if it really is!)

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126691400 -->

then.... you can easily reach in, an' unlock yer hump...
sad.gif

You can slide a ruler or flat piece of metal between the tail light and the cowl, slide it up against the lever and push toward the key side. A 12" metal ruler will work but a longer one works better.
Okay the idea was great but if i wouldnt have had my buddy's Busa to compare and adjust my tool... I would have never succeeded.

I took a 12 inches metal ruler and had to give it a curve so it would reach the latch, otherwise you cant get near it. I joined the picture of the finished tool, might be useful in the future (hopefully not to me!)... Took about 10 minutes once we started trying with the curved ruler. No drilling necessary!

slim_jim_busa.jpg

The key, I think, to opening the hump is either seeing the mechanism on another busa, or seeing pictures of a busa on the internet.

Definitely not an easy task and you certainly aren't the first one to ever have to recover from that.

Back