Removing Sticker From Gas Tank

goblinsix

Registered
Mine looks to be under the clearcoat. That is the case, right? Just want to make sure that there was no secret trick. Mine doesn't appear to be a sticker sitting on the surface like it is on the fairing.

JG

Mine looks to be under the clearcoat. That is the case, right? Just want to make sure that there was no secret trick. Mine doesn't appear to be a sticker sitting on the surface like it is on the fairing.

JG

Which 'sticker' are you talking about ???

the warning sticker is on top of the clear, its a pain but can be easily removed, the stripes are under the clear and cannot be removed.

No, not the warning sticker....I am talking about the graphic on the tank sides. The factory graphics.

Can't the ckear be sanded through, sticker removed, wet sanded and recleared. A lot of work and not worth it imho but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Can't the ckear be sanded through, sticker removed, wet sanded and recleared. A lot of work and not worth it imho but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Posted via Mobile Device

you would have to clear the whole tank over.

you would have to clear the whole tank over.
Yep. That's why is said wet sand I meant sand the whole tank. And personnally I would just go down to color for a extra nice finish and No ridges where the stick was.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back