Removing reflectors, one wont give.

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I went out to my bike this morning and was gonna remove the ugly reflectors. I started with the rear, the one on the right came right off, bracket gave me no problems. The second bracket on the left side is being a terd.

After removing the right side, I heard what I thought was 2 nut's slide down somewhere. So I think thats whats holding on the left side, is this right? If so do I have to remove the rear fender to get to them? Thanks a bunch, will check this thread when I get back from the gym.

You need to remove the tail section to reach the nuts!

well after fooling around with it for over an hour that is the only way. And the tool kit that comes with it SUX. I put so much preasure on that little tool it bent. So anyways, Ill just use the tools in the Hanger at work lol. Thanks anyways yall.

Tail section is pretty easy. Just follow manual and it's a piece of cake. Otherwise those loose nuts rattling will drive ya crazy!
wink.gif

I was able to reach my finger up in there and get the nut out.

I know that doesn't sound too good with your dirty mind!

You dont need to take the tail section off. Start to unbolt the reflectors and if the nut in the tail turns just apply some downward pressure on the reflector while turning the bolt. The nut will fall off in the tail section-not a problem though. Go get a telescopic magnet at your local auto store (5.00) and you can get the nut out that way no matter where it is in the tail section. I did this in no time at all plus the telescopic magnet is great for future use trust me.

yep, what bandit said... i didnt have a magnet though so i just popped the undertail with my hand and listened to the nut bounce in there until it came out on the front side of the undertail...

(Sloto200 @ Sep. 09 2006,12:30) yep, what bandit said... i didnt have a magnet though so i just popped the undertail with my hand and listened to the nut bounce in there until it came out on the front side of the undertail...
Yep- that worked for me.

Back