Removing PAIR VALVE questions

superchargedv8

Registered
Since its a pretty common mod and I've never done it before i had some questions before i did it since I guess I'm a newbie again...lol. I want to remove the whole pair valve setup so ill be buying some block off plates. Question is when i take all of the part off will i get a engine code? If so how do i go about getting rid of the code? Does a power commander3 usb have the ability to turn off the PAIR valve? THNX!

If it a Gen1, you will not get an engine code. I do not know about the Gen2.

The power commander only controls fuel delivery. It would not turn off the pair valve. The pair valve cannot be turned off. It can only be removed.

if you have a gen2, "boostbysmith" aka smithabusa makes a plug in resistor thatll keep it from throwing the fi light. schnitz sells his as well both are sponsors here.

I took mine off over the winter, mainly because of the weight saving and getting rid of the useless lump of metal bolted to the front of the engine. Didn't expect to gain any performance from it but the bike does seem to run better without it, especially at idle.

Since its a pretty common mod and I've never done it before i had some questions before i did it since I guess I'm a newbie again...lol. I want to remove the whole pair valve setup so ill be buying some block off plates. Question is when i take all of the part off will i get a engine code? If so how do i go about getting rid of the code? Does a power commander3 usb have the ability to turn off the PAIR valve? THNX!
Do the marble mod, its a 5 minute job compared to removing the pair equipment, exhaust, bodywork, loosening up the radiator and oil cooler etc. You won't even notice the couple of lbs worth of weight you remove, but you WILL notice the day or more of labor (depending on your wrenching skills) and possible problems that could pop up removing the pair set-up. Keep it simple :thumbsup:

Do the marble mod, its a 5 minute job compared to removing the pair equipment, exhaust, bodywork, loosening up the radiator and oil cooler etc. Keep it simple :thumbsup:

better still, ONE CLICK to turn off the pair valve with the ECU Editor :thumbsup:

I recently bought a 99 and noticed the pair valve holes are not blocked off. What will this cause as far as operation. I dont have any codes showing. The only thing that it does is cut off at random times after hard riding and starts right back up.

I recently bought a 99 and noticed the pair valve holes are not blocked off. What will this cause as far as operation. I dont have any codes showing. The only thing that it does is cut off at random times after hard riding and starts right back up.

This is because the holes were welded up in the port. This is a better method of blocking as the holes in the port cause turbulence. This would also mean there is a 99% chance the head was ported at the same time.

If they were not welded, and you tried to run it without blockoffs it would be be snorting fire.

And the reason your engine 'cutting off' after hard riding is because you have a poop 99 fuel pump and its going to fail.

GOod luck

~JH

Don't remove the PAIR valve, use it to relieve crankcase pressure for an extra 2HP. Removing it for weight savings is negligible. We are only talking about 4 lbs or so. The Hayabusa has plenty of HP to move the extra weight.

Back