Removing oil cooler,good or bad idea?

Busafrank

Registered
I'm doing a bunch of changes for the 2013 season and was just told I should remove the oil cooler from my 01 busa. I've not heard any good or bad things about this what is your opinion?

Why would you wanna take it off? Turbo applications require it be removed to make space for the snail, so the bike won't die, but I'd prefer to have one given the choice.

What was the reason why "they" told you to remove it? To remove something just because probably isn't a good idea..... There are some that remove it to make room for a turbo or sidewinder exhaust but most of these examples are for guys that only drag with their busas. I was told by several guys on mulltiple forums that if you aint racing it leave the oil cooler on, not worth the risk. Then I hear guys say its ok to remove it cause it only cools the oil 6 degrees?? Well my thoughts are if its not important and doesn't make that much of a difference then why was it designed and put on in the first place?

Dont you think Suzuki would have saved millions of dollars doing away with it if it was useless?.....Im going with the engineers word over what "THEY" say.

Back