Removing of Counter Balancer

ctk0104

Banned
Hi everyone, my name is Teck Kheong from Singapore. Some question to ask, what will be e benefit of removing my busa counter balancer?

Please be patient, someone will chime. Can a moderator move this to Engine Perfomance for better views?

Thanks Rick! Big
bump.gif
for answer.

Removing the counter balancer reduces the rotating mass of the crankshaft assembly. Theoretically this will allow the engine to rev a bit quicker. The downside is an increase in vibration from the engine. Most recommend the assembly to be balanced to closer tolerances when removing the balancer. My engine has more vibration without it, but it is still not excessive.

Thanks for e answer, btw what do u mean by this sentence, Most recommend the assembly to be balanced to closer tolerances when removing the balancer. Do u have any picture? I have remove my counter balancer already, other then taking e part out my workshop didn't adjust other part. Hope to get yr reply soon, thanks.

He means having the crank balanced with weights to simulate the rod & piston assembly. It similar to having your wheel balanced once you have new tires installed.

I see, thanks. I not sure my mech done that for me or not, will check with my mech again. Thanks for e info.

I am trying out for e benefit of removing it, my mech told me that upon removing it i will get more response from my throttle. Have u done it? He also told me that e bike will get more vibration.

nope i nv
also i dun trust any of our mech as they do not know how to balance it properly none have the cap to do it right.

btw u are on stock header.. no matter what u do, u will still be "restricted"

maybe some other bro can advise us more. of what is the benefit of it.

There is also an oil passage feeding it that will have to be blocked.

For street use, most just leave it intact. Even on a Dyno your not going to see much more the 1 HP increase with removing the complete balancer, witch requires splitting the cases to do it correctly!

Most people that are removing it are doing it in race motors where they are trying to save weight and get the crank to spool up quicker. If you do remove it you will have to have your crank balanced otherwise you will have fairly significant vibrations. And like Professor said you need to block off the oil passage that feeds oil to the counter balancer.

Hi it's me again, I wish to check that how do I do e crank balanced? I jus came back from my touring trip and when i tried to go beyond 200KM/H my bike became very rough and until 220KM/H my engine like can't take it already.

Currently my bike is fitted with Yoshi bolt on exhaust, mod air box and recently I remove out my counter balancer.

Previously b4 all this mod but fitted with Yoshi full system i could go 260KM/H and bike still very light and could go more.

Hi it's me again, I wish to check that how do I do e crank balanced? I jus came back from my touring trip and when i tried to go beyond 200KM/H my bike became very rough and until 220KM/H my engine like can't take it already.

Currently my bike is fitted with Yoshi bolt on exhaust, mod air box and recently I remove out my counter balancer.

Previously b4 all this mod but fitted with Yoshi full system i could go 260KM/H and bike still very light and could go more.
Take apart bike.
Take apart motor.
Remove crank.
Balence crank.
Put motor together.
Put bike together.

Put the balencer back on and start with the simple stuff. Exhaust pipe, Power Commander, air filter, so on and so forth.

http://www.aperaceparts.com/crankwork.html

cheers
ken

Think going to fix it back.. Btw does it have anything to do with my fuel pump when my bike engine having a rough time @ 220- 240KM/H?

Back