Removing & Installing handlebar grips

#cruncherbusa

Registered
I finally got some new handlebar grips, and wanted to know if there was anyway to take off the old grips so I can reuse them if need be? Also, what are you guys using to put on the new grips?

IMG002.JPG

Get a Air hose and blow air into it and it will expand enough to slip right off. You might have to work it back and forth to loosen it up.

As for putting it on and getting it to stick. Hair Spray!
wink.gif
Just spray the inside of the grip enough to coat it good, and make sure you get it in positiong quick!

and put them on the same way.. get the grip started then use the air hose to expand it and it slips right on.. u may not actually need anything grip like hair spray once they are on

Put a few drops of alcohol in the space between the grip and the bar and twist, it'll come right off. There'll be some glue residue on the grip and the bar.

I don't remember it working this well on the throttle side.
rock.gif
Do these procedures apply for both sides?
rock.gif
Just curious, because I had no problem twisting off the clutch side, but I had to cut the throttle side off with a box cutter.

rock.gif

I installed some Symax grip warmers last week, and i got both my grips off and re-installed with no problem.

I just rolled them back, just like putting on a con . . ., well you know.
wow.gif

I had to tug on them a bit on the clutch side because it had glue on them, but the throttle side was easier. I didn't have any hair spray in the house, but wife had some hair mousse foamy stuff that worked just as well.
laugh.gif

Went on a night ride on Thursday until 9pm when it got down to about 38 degrees, and my hands were nice and warm. The best $26.95 I ever spent, plus they are hidden.

<!--EDIT|Sane_man
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102269484 -->

Back