removing front wheel?

G

question... what tool is necessary to remove the axle? I've done this a hundred times on other bikes, but i dont have a tool in the tool kit to remove it... ?

Rob

what size socket? thats a huge allen head. my old bikes were no bigger than a 12 or so

It is a 24mm.
I made one out of a bolt with 2 nuts welded on for the tool kit.
Suzuki does not provide one.
Stanely sells a nice one in a 1/2 inch drive for 7 bucks.
Homemade cost 80 cents.

Hey Camaroguy72.
nice smile.

this was really tuff for me.. you need to use a huge hex key.
like one of them huge allen wrench keys.. just need a huge one.. i looked at sears but couldnt get anything large enough. so i actually went to a steel company (back in Massachusetts and bought a steel hex rod the works perfect.. i put my rod in to the hole (stop thinking that way you pervert) and then use a car lug nut opener on the other end. works for me and you can borrow my ehmm.. steel hex thingie if you want.. i am live in dearborn heights, MI
let me know. thanks
thanks.

removing "front" wheel
smile.gif
timmyduck, can you make me one of those lol

ok...front wheel. Easy as pie, actually...

get a socket (don't know the metric size, but I think the standard size is 1 1/8)

Loosen up the pinch bolts (hex wrenches...I think it's a size 6 or 7)

Voila! You're done....

getting the socket is the problem lol... i dunno where to get a 24mm allen head tool

oops...I forgot: you're gonna need to keep one side tight. If you don't, the axle will just spin around.

I think it's the pinch bolts on the opposite side of the 1 1/8 side.

thats what timmyduck says lol. one side of the axle is round and one needs an allen key, a huge one. i just needed to know where to get that tool from pretty much, or see how you guys removed them.

i got a tool that will work. not sure if you saw my post. if its too far. i can meet you half way.

bro....I removed my front axle not too long ago. I don't remember having to use a 24mm allen wrench. Lemme see if I can dig up some pics....

Camaro,
Just go down to the local hardware store.
Ride the bike if you need or bring a micrometer with you.
Go to the Metric Bolt drawer.
Find a large head 3" bolt that measures 24 mm across the top.
Get 2 nuts for it.
Wind nut up thread till they are both completly on.
Tack weld nuts together and to bolt.
There is your tool.
I will make you one and send it to you,but you pay the 80 cents and shipping costs.
Nice thing about this way is that it fits in your tool pouch and goes with you.
Stanley Head requires 1/2 rachet and those are a little big to carry around all the time.

Back