Removing bugs from fairings and windshield??

a little urine will help dissolve the bugs easy and it's natural , then use your shirt to clean it off that cotton is soft and works well :whistle:

Carwash, that way you don't have to worry about scratching it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Carwash, that way you don't have to worry about scratching it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You have a phobia of scratches, don't you? :rofl:
This kind of stuff will drive you crazy..
car-paint-scratch-repair.jpg

I use something I found at Wal Mart. I originally got it to clean my faceshield as they scratch very easily. I use this for my faceshield clear plasic cover over the headlights and also the signal lights. It makes all the plastics look like new with never a scratch. It's called MeGuiars PlastX. Works better than anything I have ever used.

Thanks Guys

I went through all the stuff in my garage that has built up over the years. I found this stuff called PLEXIS that i used to use on the windows on my old jeeps soft top. I remember it worked well.

Tried it on the bike, DAMN, works like a charm! Looks brand new now! Bug came off with the quickness!

This stuff is pricey and there isnt my left, so i will be switching to pledge (orange, hahaha) when it runs out.

Thanks for all the advice.

product.jpg

Plexus Plastic Cleaner for Your Motorcycle and Bicycle

I am pretty anal when it comes to paint Care so it may seem a little Extreme.
If I am going to ride at night and know I am going to get plastered with bugs
I Will spray a light coat of ICE detailer on the front, windshield, and fender
and lightly wipe it off with a micro fiber cloth.
Here is a tip, I carry 2 ziplock sandwich bags under my rear seat.
In the one bag a microfiber cloth sprayed down heavily with detailer spray,
then I Will fold the cloth up in a 2in x 2in sqaure and place it in the bag fold the
Zip lock back also into a sqaure and zip it 90% closed then compress all the air out
and finishing zipping the other 10% creating like a vacuum seal.
in the 2nd zip lock I Will have a clean micro fiber rag folded up the same way.
this way on Pit stops you can wipe Em off before they are baked on also is great
on faceshields of helmets.
Posted via Mobile Device
A "little" extreme? Yankee, you need to have yourself seen to!

a little urine will help dissolve the bugs easy and it's natural , then use your shirt to clean it off that cotton is soft and works well :whistle:
Personally, were I to use this method, I'd use one of Evil's shirt to clean it off. Just do it while he's not looking. He'll never notice.

Somebody on this site posted this so I'm not taking the credit, and it worked well for me.

"Hydrogen Peroxide mixed 50/50 with water will breakdown the bug protiens and allow you to remove the bugs with ease"

I don't even mix it with water. I just put it in a spray bottle and spray away. Put it on and let it fizz up, then wipe those baked on bugs off like they wern't even there. I always pledge after. Works on chrome too.

Thanks Guys

I went through all the stuff in my garage that has built up over the years. I found this stuff called PLEXIS that i used to use on the windows on my old jeeps soft top. I remember it worked well.

Tried it on the bike, DAMN, works like a charm! Looks brand new now! Bug came off with the quickness!

This stuff is pricey and there isnt my left, so i will be switching to pledge (orange, hahaha) when it runs out.

Thanks for all the advice.

product.jpg

Plexus Plastic Cleaner for Your Motorcycle and Bicycle

When it's all gone, buy some pledge. As a matter of fact you motivated me to pledge my bike today :laugh:

Back