Removing bugs from fairings and windshield??

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey Guys

Stupid question i know.

Just did a 400 mile ride through the mountains. Bike looks as if it is some art hippies abstract art piece with all of the splatter and various colors covering the front of it.

I have searched and found a lot of info on proper cleaning, but not much detail about bug removal. Entire windshield and front cowl are COVERED! :)

All my previous bikes were used and beat up, so i just scrubbed them clean and used Goo Gone (that stuff is magic)

Id like to keep the Busa pretty for at least a little bit.

Any advice on how to remove all these bugs without damaging the plastics?

Thanks

pledge or nufinish spray on wax will help prevent and make them easier to remove. get as most with pressure washer at a distant then soap and brush gently to remove

check out your local auto parts store for many products, like these for example;

1bbb97b8485585b50574f84aae099f52.jpg
c17a7098cdaeb857a2a0e06d55ac5c19.jpg

If it's and extreme amount of bugs i would use car soap and water/ a regular wash down then dry it off and pledge away:thumbsup:

I've found wd-40 on a rag works pretty well for bugs, just clean it all off and give it a good wax after.

A warm/hot towel, nice and wet. Set it on the bike, come back in about 10 minutes. GONE.. Here in WI we have more bugs in summer than we do snow in winter. Works like a champ, and best of all its FREE!! :beerchug:

I am pretty anal when it comes to paint Care so it may seem a little Extreme.
If I am going to ride at night and know I am going to get plastered with bugs
I Will spray a light coat of ICE detailer on the front, windshield, and fender
and lightly wipe it off with a micro fiber cloth.
Here is a tip, I carry 2 ziplock sandwich bags under my rear seat.
In the one bag a microfiber cloth sprayed down heavily with detailer spray,
then I Will fold the cloth up in a 2in x 2in sqaure and place it in the bag fold the
Zip lock back also into a sqaure and zip it 90% closed then compress all the air out
and finishing zipping the other 10% creating like a vacuum seal.
in the 2nd zip lock I Will have a clean micro fiber rag folded up the same way.
this way on Pit stops you can wipe Em off before they are baked on also is great
on faceshields of helmets.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have been using lemon pledge all week. Good Lord the bugs up here. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I used the Honda brand for years and then the Honda/Suzuki dealer told me that Original Bikes Spirts was the actual manufactuer. So I switched, same great product but lower priced. It is amazing on bugs and even road tar.

Original Bike Spirits

Somebody on this site posted this so I'm not taking the credit, and it worked well for me.

"Hydrogen Peroxide mixed 50/50 with water will breakdown the bug protiens and allow you to remove the bugs with ease"

Back