Removing belly pan?

I read somewhere it is used to split the air around rear tire. The test bikes used for development of the 99 Busa had traction problems at top speed without it. Any truth to that or not??:dunno:

I'm sure it's there for a reason but I've had mine off for almost two years and have not noticed or felt any instability at high speeds. If I were to run a few LSR events I bet I probably lost a couple mph on the top end but if you see thread below I like the look better.

>>>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...rectifier-regulator-relocate-project-how.html <<<<

fdaf57de.jpg

Thanks guys. I got the idea after seeing one of Blanca Busa posts. I think the bike looks a lot better without

I believe it looks better without also. I have run without one for quite some time also but do notice a small difference at the top end mark. Nothing to prove it other than a speed slip (in other words, I don't have a back to back slip with and without it) but it does seem to lose a couple mph.

As Blanca said, it creates more dirty air without the belly wing to stream line around the rear tire better.

Unless you're pushing the rev limiter at WOT I like it better without :thumbsup:

Outlaw your right but it makes it easier to see my beautiful pipe and wheel :)
I just didn't like it not being symmetrical. I like how both sides seem to match now.

Speaking of air, And looks what is that hole in the rear fairing right side above the rear passinger peg for. ???

If I am thinking about the right one....it is so you can check rear brake fluid level??

If for no other reason, I'd keep the belly wing on to protect the regulator rectifier.

Thank's guys the dealer here did know what it was for. They said it was for air flow.

I'm not even a little bit surprised. They're usually clueless about their products, but great at blowing smoke.

Well that works too! My trunk space is full of tire repair kit, and other just-in-case type of stuff.

No, mine's not under the hump. It is under the bulge on the right side of the tail. I have to remove the tail to get to it. It's where Suzuki put them on the Gen-1 Busas.

No, mine's not under the hump. It is under the bulge on the right side of the tail. I have to remove the tail to get to it. It's where Suzuki put them on the Gen-1 Busas.

Ah... I wonder why they moved it.

Back