Removing bar ends 08 busa?

You need to turn the bar end at the same time you turn the screw...they are very tight.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pop out the little rubber plug on the end, and there-in lies an allen headed screw. Righty tighty, lefty loosey!

:laugh:

Thanks guys, I was wondering where the screw was, Pop out the little rubber plug on the end, and there-in lies an allen headed screw.:laugh:

What!? I didn't get any rubber plugs on my bar ends on my 08, and I got it new!!! Bastids ripped me off:rofl:

What!? I didn't get any rubber plugs on my bar ends on my 08, and I got it new!!! Bastids ripped me off:rofl:

They only come on the fastest ones. You must have gotten a friday bike!
:rofl:

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Just replaced my stock with a Throttlemeister. :cheerleader:

Buy Now: Throttlemeister Throttle Lock for Motorcycles | PashnitMoto.com

Dsc04331.jpg

Dsc04336.jpg

Dsc04341.jpg

Dsc04331.jpg

Dsc04336.jpg

Dsc04341.jpg

use some blue thread locker on the bolts when re assembling to avoid them loosening up from the vibes. :thumbsup:

been using throttlemeister for a while now and it is one of the best mods i have done yet!! Don't use it every day, but when cruising on the freeway i love it, just twist the bar end a bit and can free up my throttle hand for a few!! Would love to have an electronic cruise control that maintains constant speed, but the throttlemeister works like a champ every time

and yes, the little black plugs are pretty tought to remove. First time i tried to pull them out i thought they were built into the bar end. Helps to use a mini (jewelers) flathead screwdriver to pry them out, just be careful to not scratch up the bar end

You need to turn the bar end at the same time you turn the screw...they are very tight.
Posted via Mobile Device
I know I’m years late on this post, but I’m having the same issue. I just tried to turn the bar end & screw at the same time, and still not budging... Is there a certain tools you all used while turning it or anything special??

I know I’m years late on this post, but I’m having the same issue. I just tried to turn the bar end & screw at the same time, and still not budging... Is there a certain tools you all used while turning it or anything special??
I just used an allen hex socket on a ratchet. I don't recall needing to turn the bar end at th same time.

Back