Removed Swingarm Extension - Love the bike more than ever!

kevin8105

Registered
First off, thanks to the org members who helped offer up some advice on converting back to the stock wheelbase. Not knowing what components I needed to do this (due to me purchasing the bike with a roaring toyz 6-7" ext) left me hoping I had everything right, but many of you settled my mind on this.

I removed the extensions and replaced with stock adjustment blocks, new sprockets 17/43, replaced fork seals (dont remember who did the write up with pics, but that is an awesome walkthrough), changed oil, flushed coolant, etc.

The bike is reborn again. Ive read a lot talking about extensions severely impacting your cornering abilities, and they were right. Stock wheelbase makes the bike a lot more fun and functional. Immediate improvement in cornering abilities and of course wheelies (non existent before).

By the way, I have a roaring toyz swingarm extension for sale if anyone is looking for one. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the post...I just bought a Busa and was considering an extension. I like to race...but I also like track days..so I was torn. I think I'll just get a strap for the strip...but keep the stock wheelbase. I won't be as fast...but I'm sure I'll have a blast, and I can still do track days :) Win Win..

Why do so many people have problems cornering their bikes? I had RT extensions on my bike before I switched to a Trac arm and a 240 kit and I still have no problem cornering my Busa. I think there are too many people letting their bike control them and not controlling their bike...IMO. You shouldn't notice a problem cornering extending it 6-8" over.

same here, i,m 5" over and really cant tell a difference. except the front wheel stays down which i like. it does paint nice black stripes on the road though...

I normally ride mine 7.5 over, and been on my friends a few time (stock), and mine will corner and get as low as I need for the street, but it does take more effort to get and stay in a turn, where the stock one does this with less pressure on the bars.

I like not pulling the front up and trying to play on the strip, and can corner good enough :)

Im not saying you cant corner on the street, but they do significantly increase turning radius and maneuverability. A stock wheel base will always out corner a 6" strech with all else equal. Stretches are for looks and dedicated dragging. The only thing they really help with on the street is keeping the front tire down but at the cost of less traction in certain situations. Rear wheel spin in cornering becomes a problem especially in adverse weather. Yeah yeah throttle control, but you can only do so much when your weight distrobution is thrown off so much by the extension.

I'm kinda amused at the obsession with swingarm stretches...can't help but feel they're in the same league as plastic titties, can look ok but in reality original is still my preferred option...

part of what makes the bike what it is, is the market to do whatever the owner chooses to do. but I am always for real tits, or the originals

I'm kinda amused at the obsession with swingarm stretches...can't help but feel they're in the same league as plastic titties, can look ok but in reality original is still my preferred option...
when someone asks me if I think they are real, my answer is, well they are not imaginary! Real enough for me! :)

extensions are for looks and to keep the front-end down..... If you want performance and a bike that handles better, leave the extensions alone... I do think the 4" 240 looks the best by far thou..

Back