Removed stock cans and midpipes! Wow!

AztecKanji

Registered
I have been contemplating the purchase of some hedman hot tips or the voodoos, or maybe these Yosh trs cans that my neighbor is selling...so I've read on here to remove the stock cans and midpipes and fire it up to see if I like the sound before buying the tips and WOWzers! That's LOUD! I want loud but dang!!!

So my question is, is removing the stock pipes all together a realistic example of what the tips or voodoos sound like? If so, Idk if I really like the sound of it. I would like the rumble to be deeper, this was like ear piercingly loud. The runble wasn'nt very deep and low though? I'm waiting for my neighbor to call me back so I can slip those on and see if I like those.

Thanks Sixpack...how long can I roll like this without hurting anything. Thinkin about riding without any exhaust today just to see how I like it?

If you plug the pair valve so that it doesn't backfire when you let off the gas then you should be fine. It is doubtful that you would lean it out enough to hurt anything.

If you plug the pair valve so that it doesn't backfire when you let off the gas then you should be fine. It is doubtful that you would lean it out enough to hurt anything.

Thanks, I'll have to do the marble mod then. ...Don;t have any dang marbles around here either, looks like a run to wally world. What about when I put the stockers back on or get Yosh slip-ons, will the marble mod hurt anything then?

Thanks, I'll have to do the marble mod then. ...Don;t have any dang marbles around here either, looks like a run to wally world. What about when I put the stockers back on or get Yosh slip-ons, will the marble mod hurt anything then?

Got an empty spray paint can? Rip it open, there's your marble.

Why the bloody hell would you want to ride it with no exhausts?

Just too noisy - annoyingly so.

I rode a street triple with open pipes the other day. I had the ****s with it in about 5 minutes.

I enjoy a nice sounding exhaust, but some are just too much.

Which is why I am just about to fit R77s.

I took my yoshy can off and run a shorty with baffles in it.Its loud but it pulls hard.The lowend bucking is gone also.I have a 4 into 1 yosh header.Only thing I dont like is I smell exhaust more often now that it dumps right after the peg.

Back