remove rear brake for drag racing

Ikillbugsfast

Registered
Has any one done this I see gsxr 1000 do it all the time and this is for drag racing only.are there a kit or spacers I can buy or do I have to take off the caliper and measure it and make a spacer at a machine shop

Check with your local track before you do it. Alot of tracks around require a rear brake.

good point I will check .we have a couple of 1000 running with no rear brakes I am going to do it so I can just take acouple bolts out and remove everything and caliper. allmost done

your gonna need for that oh sh%t moment but very little of it, theres a reason why prostock and most other classes have a rear brake

You know there comes a point when weight and safety concerns run together. I would rather take a laxative before racing than remove my rear brake! ??? I think the net gain would be about the same.

and what happens when ur front brake fails at a 160+mph? poor idea imo to shave 00010 off ur time.

grudge bikes are low 7 or high 6 second all out bikes and stop fine with one to two front brakes with no issues.. If it's not your cup of tea don't drink it..

grudge bikes are low 7 or high 6 second all out bikes and stop fine with one to two front brakes with no issues.. If it's not your cup of tea don't drink it..

yes they do but ya know there will always be that one time.

we have plenty of room to slow down at the end. alote of bikes here just only have one brake caliper up front,I have to try it out.and thinks for the comments I will have to be as safe a possible

DSC06302.jpg

DSC06303.jpg

There is plenty of shutdown room at our track if something happens to his front brake. I believe it is a little more than 3/4of a mile so he shouldn't have a problem downshifting to scrub speed.

Back