Remove and replace fuel filter

07 Busa Bob

Registered
I have an 07 Busa and it won't rev past 8k. Its done over 50,000kms and have been told it might be the fuel filter. I have removed the pump assembly and found it to be a sealed unit. Can it be pulled apart without damaging it or is it better 2 replace with a after market 1 and put an external filter on it???? Regards Rob.

I was shown how 2 clean the basket by the guys at Powerhouse Dyno Tuning. Quite easy,,, Got all my power back and the bike now revs 2 11500 easy with no hesitations. By the way the filter basket was chokka block full of crap.

unfortunately, that might not be the end of your problems. I did the same cleaning and my problems continued. ChrisJP did a mod on his fuel pump that was too complicated for me lol but it works. personally, i just bought another pump and bike has been running perfect.

Ive given the bike a good run and there seems to be no probs,, Fingers crossed i can now try and get it to Willowbank for a good run down the 1/4. Should pull 9s now. Its got all the gear and trimmings to do so.

Back