removal of fairing

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
newbie.gif
Can someone give me step by step directions on removal of brake side fairing for changing oil. I've done it, now I want to know the right way. '06
iamwithstupid.gif

I tape off the front... where the first three bolts go so that when it pops forward like it always seems to do that there is no damage. Other than that I remove every bolt plastic pop pin and gently pull away while sliding the fairing back... I curse (you can use your own) as I do it so that the fairing knows I am the boss.

(jessup @ Oct. 21 2006,01:13) I tape off the front... where the first three bolts go so that when it pops forward like it always seems to do that there is no damage.  Other than that I remove every bolt plastic pop pin and gently pull away while sliding the fairing back... I curse (you can use your own) as I do it so that the fairing knows I am the boss.
+1 on tape
beerchug.gif

Just did my first oil change on my own and experienced a close call almost scratching the fairing when it slid forward during the removal.

I wish I would have taped mine the first time because it does scratch. I will from now on.

DAM *&%^$$ TAB *&%$#$@ SCRATCHES THE *&&$%# FRONT.
mad.gif

Never tape mine and no scratches so far. Just have to take your time and be careful. Never swear at it. Soothe it with loving words and terms of enderment.

It's the love, man, it's the love!

(Jeez, I'm making mySELF gag!)
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Back