Removable Angled Valve Stem

piratediverjefff

Registered
Always found it a big pain in the azz to check front tire pressure,cussin' like a sailor and skinnin' my knuckles on those damned rotors so bought a removable angled valve stem.Haven't tried it yet but looks like it'll help,screw it on to set pressure and then store it in the tool box.:thumbsup:

WaylonsBaseball-AngledValveStem010_zps74885004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy sixpack,

I looked at those and almost ordered a pair since i'm ready for new tires but i remember reading somewhere about possible issues with balancing/centrifugal force problems(since they angle off to one side),could have been total bull**** but didn't want to chance it unless i knew for sure so just went with this removable one for now(i probably shoulda just got that pair in the KurveyGirl link:laugh:).

Howdy sixpack,

I looked at those and almost ordered a pair since i'm ready for new tires but i remember reading somewhere about possible issues with balancing/centrifugal force problems(since they angle off to one side),could have been total bull**** but didn't want to chance it unless i knew for sure so just went with this removable one for now(i probably shoulda just got that pair in the KurveyGirl link:laugh:).

I've had them on other bikes, and will on my current bike when I change tires the first time.
A friend of mine machine mounts all of our tires, then we use a Redline brand static balancer with stick on weights.
Every tire balances fine, no vibrations at any speed, even 6th gear topped out.
The tool you bought works ok, but it'll get old real fast.
The 83' valve stems are perfect, and make checking pressure or adding/removing air so easy, especially with gloves on.
I wouldn't have a bike without them.

Pirate, angled stems on mine, arête same as factory Ducati from Kurveygirl on my bike and its been to speed many times.
No probs and you got no worries.

Blue loctite rub or you'll wind up with a loose one like mine :(
Now it's turned tight again but faces other way. Gotta fix it with next set or tires.

Back