Remembering Pearl Harbor..

The greatest generation that saved the world. Always remember.

:bowdown:

there memorial is definately worth the visit if you ever go to hawaii. i felt a little awkward when there are american and japanese tourists in one tight theatre watching the original footage of that day. i always wondered what they were thinking. it was very moving. ???

the greatest generation that saved the world. Always remember.

:bowdown:

+1 :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

3017.jpg

since I leave in Honolulu, I actually ask the question to a visitor. .. as I felt a bit disrespected about it. A quick sit down with an older man I undestood how thier generation embarassed their country for eges to come becuase of greed. Not to mention that they still don't forgive themself for the pain they cause to their country, the lives lost in Iroshima the embarasment of defeat all while knowing that there is a reminder in every corner of american history that honors the lost ones with pride. They pay thier respect for our lost ones and their lost ones as there is no remembrace place on thier own country to shed the defeat.

It's such a strange feeling to stand in that memorial. It's hard to explain. It was moving almost to the point of tears for me. I didn't personally know anyone at Pearl Harbor that day. No family or friends of family. But standing there you can almost feel the pain. It's as if they can still speak. There is also an immense feeling of pride and courage.

It was a very worthwhile visit. I think it was one of those life changing things for me.

since I leave in Honolulu, I actually ask the question to a visitor. .. as I felt a bit disrespected about it. A quick sit down with an older man I undestood how thier generation embarassed their country for eges to come becuase of greed. Not to mention that they still don't forgive themself for the pain they cause to their country, the lives lost in Iroshima the embarasment of defeat all while knowing that there is a reminder in every corner of american history that honors the lost ones with pride. They pay thier respect for our lost ones and their lost ones as there is no remembrace place on thier own country to shed the defeat.

Maybe a bad memory is left alone? I never understood the strategy of the attack, as Japan was reacting to an embargo, albeit a crippling one, enacted by the U.S. I also don't understand the retaliation, attacking a heavily populated city rather than a strategic military base. It's a bad memory all around.

Back