Remember when space stuff was cool?

I think you need to be older to still find it cool . It is so common now the wow factor seems to have left . but not for me .

Well, I am older so................ :poke:

It's just sad that no one thinks this is news worthy, but waiting in line for hours to the newest iPhone, THAT is something to be a part of :banghead:
i hate all iphones and smartphones. as far as im concerned its 1965 and im the only one with internet

Just read that the Russians are trying to "Verify" our lunar landings.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/rus...posed-mission-will-verify-moon-landings-by-us

From a scientific point of view, the 'lunar landings' were never verified by any INDEPENDENT third party. We just had to believe what we were told by NASA at the time.
Oh and the video footage they gave us as well.
There is the issue of the Van Allen radiation belts to go through, which have been proved to be deadly to any biological life form. And the vehicles they sent had no radiation shielding whatsoever.
Lots of stuff( that raises doubts)to consider from a science view point.

Last edited:
I am a hard sell on anything in general. If I cant feel it personally its difficult for me to believe. It is only the tangibility and first person experience that can convince me. Since I have never been to space nor is there any hope or indication that I ever will, I truly do not know what to believe.
I was pretty adamant that the US moon landings were fabricated, In my minds eye I cant fathom how in the late 60's there was technology viable enough to result in the departure from the earths atmosphere. I mean this was a time period when color television was considered state of the art.
The only thing that changed my perception was my Grandfather who worked for Grumman at that time was part of the design team for the Lunar Module. When I expressed my doubts he got offended and began explaining how he came up with the material for the flame retardant suits while eating dinner and looking at my grandmothers curtains. I guess the dense woven material struck him as a suitable option and he proceeded to place it in the kitchen oven and test flash points.
Im still skepticle about the whole scenario and concept of moon exploration I just dont mention it around my grandfather.

My grandfather worked for Martin Marietta and helped build the Viking I - I cherish this coin of his. It's in my jacket every time I ride the Busa...

coinback.png

coinfront.png

I am a hard sell on anything in general. If I cant feel it personally its difficult for me to believe. It is only the tangibility and first person experience that can convince me. Since I have never been to space nor is there any hope or indication that I ever will, I truly do not know what to believe.
I was pretty adamant that the US moon landings were fabricated, In my minds eye I cant fathom how in the late 60's there was technology viable enough to result in the departure from the earths atmosphere. I mean this was a time period when color television was considered state of the art.
The only thing that changed my perception was my Grandfather who worked for Grumman at that time was part of the design team for the Lunar Module. When I expressed my doubts he got offended and began explaining how he came up with the material for the flame retardant suits while eating dinner and looking at my grandmothers curtains. I guess the dense woven material struck him as a suitable option and he proceeded to place it in the kitchen oven and test flash points.
Im still skepticle about the whole scenario and concept of moon exploration I just dont mention it around my grandfather.

Yeah,well a lot of people dedicated most of their lives to that project with NASA, so it stands to reason why they would be offended if you question the validity of the Apollo landings, no one wants to be told they were lied to by the very ones they believed in!
Your Grandma must have hit the roof when she saw the burnt remains of the curtains in the oven lol!

well for what it is worth i think the space stuff is amazing and i believe they actually got there
but i'm a truck driver so i like to believe things like that

Back