remember the dealer who did a burn out

The only problem I see is him stopping payment on the check....I know from experience that it's hard to take further action against the dealer if you have not paid for the goods or services, even if said goods or services are the subject of the dispute.

DAMN! I live in Bellingham. This is a small community and word travels fast. Good luck to AL's. I have a friend that is buying a brand new R1, I will make sure that he does not do so from these guys. I think this business owner is quickly loosing his window of opportunity to make this right. He would probably get equal exposure on the resolution if he stepped up. I hope the rally goes peacfully on the 3rd or that could turn into a "red herring" and it is no longer about the dealerships behavior, but the behavior of some "protesters".
wink.gif

The only problem I see is him stopping payment on the check....I know from experience that it's hard to take further action against the dealer if you have not paid for the goods or services, even if said goods or services are the subject of the dispute.
Your right about that point but there is a difference here, The burn out was not a service he paid for. From what I understand he is not disputing the oil change or new tire, but the maltreatment of his property. Unfortunate timing for this dealership as the general public is already wary of mechanics, and I think we all suspect that things never get done quite right. I would go to the rally if I weren't on shift at the FD that day.
crazy.gif

I have to agree with tbone stopping payment is not a good idea. If this goes to small claims court it would be better if the payment was made in good faith. I know it is hard to make a payment to someone who has disregaurded your property but they did do the service you asked them to do. Most courts will find you still liable for payment because the service was complete but you can get more from a countersuit for the mistreatment of your property if you paid in good faith. IMHO any judge would be more sympethic to your case if you paid for the service that was done.

I have to agree with tbone stopping payment is not a good idea. If this goes to small claims court it would be better if the payment was made in good faith. I know it is hard to make a payment to someone who has disregaurded your property but they did do the service you asked them to do. Most courts will find you still liable for payment because the service was complete but you can get more from a countersuit for the mistreatment of your property if you paid in good faith. IMHO any judge would be more sympethic to your case if you paid for the service that was done.
My point exactly.....the abuse is a separate matter, but you gotta pay the bill for services not in dispute or you're never gonna get off the ground in the court's eyes....

If this happened in one of my stores, I'd play it like this: Technician either reprimanded or fired, depending on his history/attitude. Tire job/service in question on the house. 5 year extended warranty on the house. 1 year of shopping in the store for true dealer cost on accessories, but only for customer's use....not a whole xmas shopping spree for all his buddies.

That's what I'd offer.....whadda ya think?
rock.gif

If this happened in one of my stores, I'd play it like this: Technician either reprimanded or fired, depending on his history/attitude. Tire job/service in question on the house. 5 year extended warranty on the house. 1 year of shopping in the store for true dealer cost on accessories, but only for customer's use....not a whole xmas shopping spree for all his buddies.

rock.gif
I think that you oughta open up a Suzuki shop and let me bring my bike in for service...
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

I'm with ya tbone the mechanic should be given two choices either pay for the tire and oil chang from his own pocket and keep your job or fire him if he is not willing to pay for his stupid mistake. If he did want to keep his job he would be put on probaiton for a year and would have monthly evaluations of his work. Any way you look at it the dealer should eat the price of the tire and oil change(at a minimum) if he wants to retain his reputation.

I'm with ya tbone the mechanic should be given two choices either pay for the tire and oil chang from his own pocket and keep your job or fire him if he is not willing to pay for his stupid mistake. If he did want to keep his job he would be put on probaiton for a year and would have monthly evaluations of his work. Any way you look at it the dealer should eat the price of the tire and oil change(at a minimum) if he wants to retain his reputation.
It is illegal in WA state to have an employee pay for a mistake they made. It is also an at will employmeny state and he may be fired at anytime, for any reason, outside the protected areas, race, sex, relig., etc.

rock.gif
I think that you oughta open up a Suzuki shop and let me bring my bike in for service...
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
Well you'd get good service...but hopefully I wouldn't have to offer all the freebies to right a wrong.....Take it from me...when you get hit in the pocket a couple times like that as a dealer, you pay much closer attention to what's going on in your store....and that's how you assure that business is being taken care of properly.

its true about the stop payment check issue. In rhode island if you go to court and the dealer states that the work done is unpaid for labor, the issue can be twisted and the lawyer for big als butthead shop will undoubtedly bring up the fact that the business in question was uncompensated for labor that was done. Therefore, reversing the issue from being a lock stock and barrel winner for fisher, to a mediation issue wherein both sides will be asked to compromise for the good of the issue. I would pay the bill for services rendered , releasing you from any wrongdoing and placing any illwill, and legal issues lying square on the dealer who will then be the only person at fault, who will then be unable to justify the damage or unseen damage of the bike caused by him or an agent for the company(the idiot mechanic) ...

its true about the stop payment check issue. In rhode island if you go to court and the dealer states that the work done is unpaid for labor, the issue can be twisted and the lawyer for big als butthead shop will undoubtedly bring up the fact that the business in question was uncompensated for labor that was done. Therefore, reversing the issue from being a lock stock and barrel winner for fisher, to a mediation issue wherein both sides will be asked to compromise for the good of the issue. I would pay the bill for services rendered , releasing you from any wrongdoing and placing any illwill, and legal issues lying square on the dealer who will then be the only person at fault, who will then be unable to justify the damage or unseen damage of the bike caused by him or an agent for the company(the idiot mechanic) ...
Sorry but when it comes to damage or abuse of personnal property, wether the bill is paid or not is irrelevent. These are two completely seperate issues. Issue one, abuse and unauthorized use of the vehicle. Issue two, payment for tire/oil change. Think of it this way, Well Judge, I kicked his door in because he owed me $100 that he never paid me. Still vandalism and desruction of personnal property wether the $100 was owed, paid, or not. He could certainly still go to court and sue for the $100 though.

I wonder how this rally went yesterday?
rock.gif
Hope it was peacfull and AL's goes out of business.

Back