Remember September 11th

Put my application into the firehall August 2001 and watched 9/11 unfold a few weeks later, now 15 years on the job and at a ceremony today. One thing that's often under played when that day is remembered is Flight 93, well played...

Will never forget, since i work at Logan Airport and have friends whos lost the lives on that tragic day!

I remember having an hour and a half long debate in school about how buildings like the world trade center could be taken apart when their service life was over. So then I sat watching them fall and thinking this is just not possible. I think the two events that hit personally the most were the Challenger Disaster and 9/11 because they represented for me the thing that makes us so great as a country. When I was working in Detroit I actually met Yamasaki who designed the world trade center destroyed on 9/11. The building was actually designed to withstand an airplane strike, but the amount of fuel on the planes melted the steel frame of the building.

But the second thing in my mind was OMG, somebody just opened a can of whoop arse like none before on themselves!

Good morning oRg'sters-

Today is Patriot Day. Regardless of your beliefs about the events of this day in 2001, may we all remember those who were lost and the evil that people are capable of.

Semper Fidelis-
MCM
Even from this side of the world we remember the fallen. as we pledge on ANZAC day here " lest we forget, we remember you ". It equally applies to those whose lives were brutally take by filth who lost the right to be treated as humans. OORAH

I'll always remember.

I was home showering and getting breakfast after morning PT. I had the news on while putting on my boots and saw a plane going into the tower and thinking that commercial was in bad taste...I soon learned it wasn't a commercial and before I knew it the phone rang.

It was my boss telling me to bring in my "bug out" kit as we might be heading to New York as part of an Immediate Reaction Unit.

It turned out we didn't deploy but we were all jacked up and ready...

I was driving to work and listening to a CD in the truck. Decided to listen to the radio instead, heard the president talking and changed the station. He was talking on the next station too, so I changed it again. He was still talking in the third station, so I decided what he was saying was probably important, and I listened. I was in disbelief. I got to work and watched replays of what had happened, and knew this country was going to change.

I was driving to work and listening to a CD in the truck. Decided to listen to the radio instead, heard the president talking and changed the station. He was talking on the next station too, so I changed it again. He was still talking in the third station, so I decided what he was saying was probably important, and I listened. I was in disbelief. I got to work and watched replays of what had happened, and knew this country was going to change.

I was doing the same thing and life has not been the same since. Several deployments and 18 years later and still get the same sick to the stomach feeling on this day. Never forget!

I was living in Hunting Beach, Ca. I watched some and went to work. Shortly afterward they sent us home and we watched TV all day.

My ex worked at the Trade Center in Long Beach and they sent everyone home. I worked right by John Wayne airport.

I was painting cars at the Ford dealership. One of the body techs came and got me out the paint booth and we went to the showroom and watched as the second plane hit.

Was actually home that day watching the 2 controlled implosions unfold on the tv news. It was incredible how the pictures of the guys "responsible" and the story quickly began to appear. Shortly thereafter WT Building 7 then collapsed straight down onto its own footprint for no apparent reason ?
I have called BS on the "official" government narrative since day 1 as it is a complete disservice to the victims.
Still hoping that one day a government insider will expose the real culprits and then all those completely innocent victims will finally be able to rest in piece.

I wanted to acknowledge the day in class, so I told my students that while we absolutely could discuss the socio-political backdrop of the events of that day at some point, that particular class and this day were not the appropriate place or time.
I told them I would like them to think about what happened in terms of human cost, so I played a clip of the voicemail Brian Sweeney left for his wife once it became clear that he was going to die, and her response. It's very moving and incredibly powerful.

Back