Remember My Saturday Afternoon???

Projekt

Registered
So you folks may remember my thread entitled My Saturday Afternoon detailing my "self-defense action" in Sarajevo in the recent past.
You may recall that I was attacked by three guys with stones, chairs, bottles, ashtrays, wooden clubs.
I fought back and held my own, breaking a guy's nose...

Well as it occurs, today I was fired because of this event.
The personnel manager at my company made the decision to cut me loose because of a perceived pattern of "risky" behavior. This is ironic because risky would have been to just have been attacked and hospitalized. The fact that I fought back, thus was not killed and lived to tell that story resulted in my termination for a pattern of "risky" behavior and negative exposure for the company.
I was not terminated because of the Military commander's decision because as I am informed, he understands the situation.
How is that for news on a Friday evening?
Honestly, I was prepared for this very possibility and my attorney will look into the matter as a possible suit for Wrongful Termination.
I'll go on unemployment and see what the Legal process rewards me in the form of a severance package.
Wish me luck every little helps.

WTF? Now THAT'S fuged up with a capital T, bro...

pure BS....in every sense of it. Good luck.....and I hope you get a huge severance package.

Fuggin bastids.....
mad.gif

Better reason to come back to the States Bro :;):J/K, that sucks to hear Bro., you can't even fight back if your going to get mugged, WTH
rock.gif

It may be exactly what I needed to take my life to the next step. Right now I plan to take some time and re-aquaint myself with my father on a drive through Mexico. I will keep you all posted on the happenings.

It may be exactly what I needed to take my life to the next step.  Right now I plan to take some time and re-aquaint myself with my father on a drive through Mexico. I will keep you all posted on the happenings.
Sounds cool Bro, hope everything goes bien with you and your Pops.

On a seperate topic, how many miles have you clocked again???

WTF!! Thats crazy... how can they cut you loose for standing up against $hit
rock.gif

Good luck with your legal battle mate!!

good luck mate.surely there is a legal right to support this? i thought that if you was defending yourself that was ok?

That sucks, bro! Sorry to hear it, but hopefully your lawyer will get something resolved.

go kick your boss' ass!  
biggrin.gif
There are a couple of noses waiting to be broken. The personnel manager was sooooo transparent he must have been reading through some sort of dismissal procedure in a management textbook because he was so systematic about the whole thing. I called his bullsh!t and he kept on backpedaling.
The fact of the matter is that there was one incident last year that I was written up for but is totally seperate in concept and MO so it has no shred of similarity to this. He kept on saying the textbook terms of "pattern of behavior", "Risk", "exposure", "aggression". Then came the fun part, the veiled threat of Shut up or we'll go to DSS. He said, "do you think this incident is reportable to DSS"? My reply was "What are you crazy? How does an act of self-defense against three armed attackers qualify as a security risk and a security reportable incident". That is where I stopped being nice and really got in his ass. He couldn't take it so he said: "you seem to have a threatening tone on your speech" to which I replied if you are feeling guilty about wrongfully firing me don't mask it with that BS!"

My attorney located around the corner from them should be interested in at least an exploratory communication for a possible severance package based on "Wrongful Termination".

That sucks. I completely empathize with you and I'm 100% on your side. Besides, I do NOT want to tangle with you, ya mad dog!!!

biggrin.gif

I see their perspecitive, even though they are pure-D wrong. I suspect that they believe if you had kept driving after the firecracker, the incident would have never happened.

I also suspect that if they, in any hearings, add the fact that you ride a motorcycle to their list of "concerns" you'll gain a great deal of sympathy from the judges, et al.

Good luck to you. You have my respect for not letting the fuggers get off scott free with it.

--Wag--

man.. I remember that post...

defending yourself typically consists of not having a choice.. if I remember correctly you got a firework or something tossed at you.. it missed.. .. you came back to confront them... took off your gear... had some verbal crap going on... returned to the bike put the gear back on and then the junk happened..

can't remember how it started but anyway.. I didn't understand why ya even bothered with going back personally.. yeah it's a pisser.. but ... pretty much sounds like you went back looking for trouble and finally goaded them into it..

If I remember correctly somebodies bike got knocked over.. your gear was trashed.. lost a mirror and some other junk... I'm not sure whatyou thought you gained here other than the mythical "I'm a tough guy" crap.

sorry about the job though.

Wish you the best.....find a better job. So you wanna sell your Busa?.................................Kidding, just trying to get you to smile!
biggrin.gif

Good luck with the attorney. Hope you can rectifiy this situation or at least get a decent severance. As pure ego stated you could have just ridden on... Although I won't fault you for being pissed and going back to confront the guys who threw the M-80. I would have went back also. The trouble starts when you have a strict code of ethics and behaviours to adhere to for your employer. They don't look for similarities in incidents just the severity of each. So I'm not suprised they terminated you but I do wish you much luck with your case.

That sucks. Don't know specifically what you are doing for them but defending yourself from an attack shouldn't shed any ill reput on you. They should offer there assistance in helping to pursue charges against them.
wink.gif

I went through the same thing (didn't lose my job over it though). It's interesting to note that it doesn't matter the odds or circumstances...if you're attacked and come out on top, suddenly you're in the wrong. I personally believe that if someone decides to make the commitment to inflict bodily injury on me, or put my life or families life in danger, then that justifies me having no mercy (and of course unprovoked by yours truly) on the uncivilized bastids. Kudos to you for defending yourself and refusing to become a statistic.

<!--EDIT|slammiam
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122755054 -->

Back