Relaxing in Bogota

Getn off

Registered
Actually workin. Flew in last night and leave tomorrow morning, 30 hour layover. Found a great bar and relaxed and watched the world go by. Bar is called Bogota Beer Company if anyone has ben here. Pretty good brews.
Seems like everyone in Bogota has a dog, which is cool. Many dog friendly parks downtown. Way more than any US city I have been to. Actually, prolly more than any city in the world that I have been to.
Of course, tons of 200cc "Ninja" style scooters! Saw 1 real bike, a HD Fatboy. Nothing crazy at all, but the guy riding it was so tiny it looked like he had ape hangers! Guy couldnt have been over 5'2! Lol
Good times.
Carry on.
Troy

image.jpeg

Actually workin. Flew in last night and leave tomorrow morning, 30 hour layover. Found a great bar and relaxed and watched the world go by. Bar is called Bogota Beer Company if anyone has ben here. Pretty good brews.
Seems like everyone in Bogota has a dog, which is cool. Many dog friendly parks downtown. Way more than any US city I have been to. Actually, prolly more than any city in the world that I have been to.
Of course, tons of 200cc "Ninja" style scooters! Saw 1 real bike, a HD Fatboy. Nothing crazy at all, but the guy riding it was so tiny it looked like he had ape hangers! Guy couldnt have been over 5'2! Lol
Good times.
Carry on.
Troy

View attachment 1589530
Try some of the food! Bandeja paisa is a nice lunch, their arepas rellenas de queso are delicious with eggs for breakfast and I love their almojábanas/pan de Bono (type of bread).

Cartegena is awesome. Great beaches and beautiful girls. But I will say Armenia has the best looking woman as a whole...maybe on earth.
Troy
Not looking there for women. Considering the idea of living there. They say it's about the safest most forward looking City in the nation.

One way in and out and they do NOT let Riff Raff in. Protecting the economic engine that live there.

I just got back from an Argentina/Panama/Belize look over. Wanted to get Colombia in but only had so much time.

I do know it sure is growing, and it is a clean city.
Panama can get very sketchy, unless you are in one of the mil compounds. I do have a friend that moved there. Way up in the hills and he loves it. Problem is a lack of docs and hospitals...much like Belize btw. I really like Belize, but it is way to undeveloped still. Costa Rica is quickly footing that bill. Some nice areas there that are safe and good docs. If I was in the market for a move that far south, it would prolly be Costa Rica or cartagena myself.
Troy

I do know it sure is growing, and it is a clean city.
Panama can get very sketchy, unless you are in one of the mil compounds. I do have a friend that moved there. Way up in the hills and he loves it. Problem is a lack of docs and hospitals...much like Belize btw. I really like Belize, but it is way to undeveloped still. Costa Rica is quickly footing that bill. Some nice areas there that are safe and good docs. If I was in the market for a move that far south, it would prolly be Costa Rica or cartagena myself.
Troy
For me CR is over done already. Yes to the Hill country of Panama. Will go back again to scope that out more. Panama has a rocking economy and good healthcare, but no way would I live in PC.

TY for the Cartagena info.

I actually very much like Placencia Belize area. Found a beautiful house on the water. Lagoon in back, ocean in front on an acre. Stunning view of the mountains in back.

Dude has heart troubles and needs to be closer to specialty care.

No way in hell I'd live in Ambergris. Still more to explore for Belize but I don't think I'd live inland there. Very remote, very quickly. Hopping around on planes there at 1500 feet you get to see a lot of remoteness quickly. And the little settlements in between are sketchy looking.

Tom. I remember Abergris key before there were paved roads and high end resorts back in the 80s. Hell the runway wasnt even paved, just coral and rock! Stayed at a great little place that had 8 bungelos and not much else. Well, a small bar that some brit sailors and I drained all the liquor from. And I do mean ALL! About an hour later a couple solders came back with a gallon glass jar saying they found moonshine! Mixed it with some OJ concentrate and started drinking. Boy it was nasty. Turns out it was gas from the airport! Lol
Way too comercialized now.
The guy selling has a valid excuse. At 47 and healthy, I still worry about a mild heart atack as we age. With expedited care, it is a non event. Without, it is deadly. Food for thought.
Troy

Tom. I remember Abergris key before there were paved roads and high end resorts back in the 80s. Hell the runway wasnt even paved, just coral and rock! Stayed at a great little place that had 8 bungelos and not much else. Well, a small bar that some brit sailors and I drained all the liquor from. And I do mean ALL! About an hour later a couple solders came back with a gallon glass jar saying they found moonshine! Mixed it with some OJ concentrate and started drinking. Boy it was nasty. Turns out it was gas from the airport! Lol
Way too comercialized now.
The guy selling has a valid excuse. At 47 and healthy, I still worry about a mild heart atack as we age. With expedited care, it is a non event. Without, it is deadly. Food for thought.
Troy
The roads still aren't paved and that original 8 unit place is still there!

But now it's overbuilt, overpriced, and overhyped. Throngs of people. No real organization downtown. Food isn't that bad but very hit and miss if you go downtown. The airport has grown a lot since your recall.

2 blocks away from the over priced resorts they live in squalor.

I'll pass.

No one can predict what takes us out, and yes if I had an urgent care situation, the closest fix is never going to be close. But if I was gonna die, I'd rather do it there than here.

Back