Relationships nowadays

I also wasn't going to share this , mainly because it is all long done now , but it is part of my life's experience , and I own this one .
My last serious relationship was a train wreck basically , I was with this lady for 7 years . She had been a reformed drug user , when we got together , and we used to party hard together but nothing real heavy . Well eventually that all changed , with both of us willing participants , things escalated , and we had a meth co dependency going strong . Long story short , things deteriorated badly , with the drugs everything controlling every part of life . Well predictably , it ended badly , with cops involved etc , and restraining separation . I ended up going on to even more crazy drug fueled behavior , sold everything I owned for drugs , couch surfed for some time . By 2003 , I really had enough of myself and all the low lifes I managed to entangle myself with , and decided to quit my massive self indulgence and piss weak state of mind . I got clean with the help of close family , and got my poop together . Been clean ever since , and happy to be where I'm at . What doesn't kill you , can make you stronger !
My behavior in regards to that relationship was shameful for my part , the dependency was a two person experience in personal decay , I have other stuff I will always carry in relation to this experience , but it has been something that has made me stronger for it in ways . My old mates all welcomed my return to the fold , and helped get me back into the world of fast motorcycles .
I ran into her at the airport the night I was flying out to that 3 day track ride , up in Darwin in '16 , and it was good to see she was doing okay as well now , we chatted and hugged goodby . I could see she was happy to hear that I was still riding bikes , and perhaps some shared regret , for we had lots of wild bike times together before the heavy drug use .

I also wasn't going to share this , mainly because it is all long done now , but it is part of my life's experience , and I own this one .
My last serious relationship was a train wreck basically , I was with this lady for 7 years . She had been a reformed drug user , when we got together , and we used to party hard together but nothing real heavy . Well eventually that all changed , with both of us willing participants , things escalated , and we had a meth co dependency going strong . Long story short , things deteriorated badly , with the drugs everything controlling every part of life . Well predictably , it ended badly , with cops involved etc , and restraining separation . I ended up going on to even more crazy drug fueled behavior , sold everything I owned for drugs , couch surfed for some time . By 2003 , I really had enough of myself and all the low lifes I managed to entangle myself with , and decided to quit my massive self indulgence and piss weak state of mind . I got clean with the help of close family , and got my poop together . Been clean ever since , and happy to be where I'm at . What doesn't kill you , can make you stronger !
My behavior in regards to that relationship was shameful for my part , the dependency was a two person experience in personal decay , I have other stuff I will always carry in relation to this experience , but it has been something that has made me stronger for it in ways . My old mates all welcomed my return to the fold , and helped get me back into the world of fast motorcycles .
I ran into her at the airport the night I was flying out to that 3 day track ride , up in Darwin in '16 , and it was good to see she was doing okay as well now , we chatted and hugged goodby . I could see she was happy to hear that I was still riding bikes , and perhaps some shared regret , for we had lots of wild bike times together before the heavy drug use .
did u lose any teeth? that's some bad poop...… u cooked it yourself? u smoked it or mainline? THIS IS CRAZY TOAD..... its very rare someone beats that poop.... here in the states we only have real crazy meth problems in rural area... where coke isn't available... because my understanding is meth is very very very hard to come down off of.... the people stay awake for days sometimes and they have all kinds of weird collections of stuff... rocks/flashlights/lighters/soda bottles... why is that????? SO... how long have you and Tina been separated now?

Last edited:
I never drank in high school but started my first day of college. I must say I was a very good drinker. I could drink a 6 pack of beer, doing each can in less than 7 seconds each. People said I would keep the exact same easy-going personality right up until I passed out. So I drank a lot! To the point of being trashed or passed out on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and usually Wednesday. Yet I was completely functional - great grades, no fights, no tangles with the campus police, and no woman issues other than the usual ones. Most people said I was much more fun to be around when I was drunk.

One Saturday during my senior year my room mates and I decided to drink for a week straight and we did. We cut classes and only took time off to go to the dining hall. On the last day my buddy looked at me and said "I'm done". I said with the keg? And he said I'm done with booze. I looked at him and said, yeah me too. We toasted the drinks we had, finished them and that was it. Still to this day 35 years later I don't drink. I have nothing against it and I have booze in my house for friends and stuff, but I don't touch it. I like cold beer, not much on alcohol though. I can't explain this, I'm certainly not a moralist or anything - guess I'm that rare guy who's just not into it. No drugs ever, although I did have issues with prescriptions for pain killers. Like drinking, I just decided one day enough was enough and dumped them too.

According to my buddy who is a psychologist, this is a know personality "disorder" where people don't like routines that control them. Mine is extreme. I even set my clock each night to a slightly different alarm time. Didn't know this is unusual until I got married and my wife asked me why I set the clock every night to a different time. Funny but it's very hard to explain to people you don't want a drink, but you don't not drink. They take it very personally!

Can understand where you are at with the alcohol Arch . I might have alcohol a couple of social times a year , maybe a couple of bourbons at most , a cold beer or too at other time . Well Australia is really up there , in regards to alcohol consuming , and people can view you with real suspicion , if you are not sucking back the piss with them at parties etc. . But I care not , so no pressure there .
As for the meth addiction , pretty much left my old life for the drugs , I joined with a crew of low character , I fitted well at the time , and it was more interstate import of product , and always knew someone with ability , recipe to cook . That was just the way it was , with all the untold poop that involved .
As for my addictive personality , recognizing this potential flaw helps .

My ex went to school with 3 people THIS YEAR that overdosed and died.... all middle to upper class people.… its stunning to me.... these girls had their parents convinced they were just smokin a lil weed...…. all in their early to mid twenties...… that needle is very unforgiving.

Hi Arch. I here you about not drinking. There actually was a study at Kansas U where a control group was the no drinking crew. By the second week almost 85 percent of that group Came back asking for a piece of paper saying they were part of a studies group. They had been harrassd threatened. A few had been assaulted one was actually hospitalized by students who were that offended that members of the group did not drink. It happened to both the men and women in nearly equal measure. So sad that staying sober is viewed in this way

Back