Reinforced Clutch Engine Cover for a K8?

Roman Centurion

Registered
Hello, anyone knows if somebody manufactures reinforced or protected cover from the clutch (engine right side)? or something to protect it ? (ie the woodcraft for left) :please:

protection from the clutch or protection for the clutch??

You could get a billet cover that would be thicker than the cast cover in case of a tip over. I think the stock exhaust in a sense would protect the clutch cover since it'll hit the ground first. Also a good set of sliders help prevent this as well.

If you're talking about protection in the event of a clutch failure, like in cars that have a scatter shield, it's not necessary. I've had failures and they don't fly out.

Are you talking about frame sliders? There are other types of bars that stunters use if you really want to protect it..Ride within your limits too.. Dont try to keep up with the Jone's.. I put No Cut frame sliders on my 06 after tipping it over on a hill side due to loosing my footing. Insurance paid to replace panels and other items.. since my other side was already scratched by orig owner.. i opted to get both panels instead of the little stuff and then got frame sliders on it. And yes, the do work. But like I said, ride at your own limits.. whenI ride with groups that love to take corners leaning.. I stay in the back.. I want to enjoy the ride and scenery. Ride safe.. any questions, always ask.. good forum to be on.. :beerchug:

Thanks to all,
I have frame sliders that protected the fairing but expose more the right engine cover, even that the fairing is over it, since there were some rocks one might be made direct pressure with this cover...all the oil out
I will take a look on the thicker cover or bars...if you have any reference I will appreciate it
Thank a lot you for the advice, per sure ride safe is the first thing to do !

Back