Regional meet idea!

win43win

Registered
Check this site out guys, someone local told me about it and said it was the best experience they had in a long time. Looks like it would be a great place to meet. It is a resort/camping type deal for Motorcycles only in the mountains. http://www.twowheelsonly.com/ I think this would be a great place for a small regional meet.

That sounds good! A long ride!! Damn near 6000 round trip! Not sure I want to roll that far. If I did! I would want a bed for the nights not the ground! Say what you will about that but as a Marine I have had enough of sleeping in holes and rain! Won't do it if I don't have too..
smile.gif

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Howlin, you must be getting old. My brother has a Harley and really wants to go to Sturgis - I explained to him - no campgrounds. Did a lot of sleeping along the side of the road and rest areas when I was younger. Come to think of it, lived in a van a couple of winters as a ski bum.

Yes I am getting old! 18 years in the USMC. When I am home I want to enjoy what it is I am off defending
biggrin.gif
To me that means a bed! If we get at least 3 others from LA area that want to make the trek I am in! Unless world events prevent my appearance.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

You wouldn't have to camp, seems there are plenty of beds and 4 cabins. I myself would camp, I enjoy it. I have a queen size inflatable matress, just as good as any bed to me. I think we should really consider this, I think it would be a great place to have a meet. Need to pick a week that is not taken, if you look at the event rallys on the site it says they just had the 1st annual FZ1 rally there this past weekend. We need more comments though, if we are going to do something this year we need to make some plans. I am ready to get together and ride.
ernaehrung004.gif

P.S. If we get enough people to come and we can nail down a time, I will be more than happy to call the place and arrange everything. WOO HOO What do you think Cap?

ernaehrung004.gif
I think it would work out well for me. I'll be in deals gap area the first week of july...so maybe I'll take a ride down that way and check the place out.

I still think we should have two gatherings. The east coasters check this place out for next year and the west coaster head for Vegas or LA or Colorado. Short trips for all concerned. (Except those in the middle). Then next year with a years worth of planning head to this joint if the east coasters think it worth the trip.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
ernaehrung004.gif

Good idea Howlin, but who said it had to be in the summer? We could do a winter run in warm States? i think we have plenty of time if we need it.

Good point Ninja. Didn't think about that.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Is there a drag strip nearby? We need a track, I want to see some of the more powerful busa run. If there isn't a track people will be ripping up the streets. We need something for everyone.
ernaehrung004.gif
ernaehrung019.gif
ernaehrung004.gif

ernaehrung004.gif

Back