Reflectors.

I took mine off after a couple of days. I took the brackets off and everything. I also took the warning stickers off. I think someone called me a ROOKIE after I posted a pic of my new busa on these forums...peer pressure you know :p

According to PA law you are supposed to have a red reflector in the center line of the rear of the bike....to us this means leaving that god awful rear fender...Only thing that is good news is that most officers do not know this because they concentrate on the major stuff....I had a copy of the PA crime code and traffic laws and went over all the motorcycle stuff....Found out I am illegal in only three categories right now....

- no reflector
- blue ornamental lighting ( blue led lics. plate bolts)
- no lics tag light....soon to be fixed

As to the reflectors, it is not really something you need to worry about as far as getting a ticket from a cop, unless they are EXTREMELY Chicken Shid, or you do something to REALLY piss them off.

The problems that are more likely to come into play, is if the bike is brought into another state that requires an inspection before licensing, or in the states which have yearly safety inspections......

In Maryland both front and rear reflectors are required to pass the safety inspection ... doesn't have to be the stock reflectors ... temporary reflective tape will suffice.

reflectors make the bike go faster as they repell light if you had enough time, the bike could reach the speed of light
laugh.gif

I have NO reflectors on my bike....never had a problem....:cool:
Never been a problem for me, but it could be if you run into the wrong cop on the wrong day....most likely it would just be a warning, but there can be fines attached....

Still can't imagin ever getting pulled over and them worrying about the reflectors....More than likely I would have been pulled over for something a little more serious....

Back