Reducing engine vibrations (felt at cruise ) video

c10

Registered
I made a more detailed video for the org after doing @SSGT_B gen 1 yesterday . Note Gen 1 is easier than a gen 2 due to no fairing mount on the engine . Due to Gen 2 you will need a small 5 mm allen wrench ( Hex pro is seen in video ) to loosen the pinch bolt .
7 foot pounds tq is all that is required after adjustment is performed .
Make all your marks before applying the oil :) or take a good reference photo before starting the adjustments .
@Sandow this may also help the issue your having that we spoke on the phone about a few weeks ago .
I'm going to take my bird out maybe tonight to try it out , but may not happen till next weekend . I'll report back any changes here in this thread .

On a side note when I removed the balance shaft out of my ZRX years ago , and caped the oil feed the vibrations in middle rpms
( cruise rpms ) were absolutely horrible . This part does a big job in making a bike comfortable on the hands .

I know it made a big difference in mine. The vibration is still there however, it’s significantly reduced and was moved in the rpm band.
Hi. I
I know it made a big difference in mine. The vibration is still there however, it’s significantly reduced and was moved in the rpm band.
Hi I removed the ballance shaft on my ZX 11 much less vibration up through the rev range. But the crank, rods and pistons were ballanced.

Well took RJ out for a night run of 25 miles on a toll way where one can cruise rather quickly .
First noticed the vibrations in the Buel foot pegs was nearly gone . This was around 65 to 72 mph that some vibes were felt there , but nothing bad enough to put a foot to sleep . Crank up the speed to 75 , and 80 mph . nothing in the grips , Moved up to 82 , 84 , 85 still nothing compared to before in the grips . Turning 4400 to 4600 rpms it was very smooth . Went on up to 88 , and 90 plus mph still smooth .

Ill say this is a worth while mod or adjustment .

@michael parris heuberger I have weighed many ZX11 , ZRX pistons / rods , and never found more than a 2 gram difference . Where you saw the gain was in the crank ;) Did APE do it or someone else ?

I should have done this before my west coast trip of 4000 miles last October . Would of really helped on the 1000 plus mile days .
Hi c10. No it was done a my friends machine shop. I now have 3 shops do work for me, Atlantic, Motor Tech and Harrys. owned by Rick Stetson. I did all my motors my Pro Stock bike Ran 7.60s My Lola F5000 ran 232 MPH at Daytona.

How did I not know this Thx for the tip. Looking forward to seeing how it reduces vibration on my new bird

I made a more detailed video for the org after doing @SSGT_B gen 1 yesterday . Note Gen 1 is easier than a gen 2 due to no fairing mount on the engine . Due to Gen 2 you will need a small 5 mm allen wrench ( Hex pro is seen in video ) to loosen the pinch bolt .
7 foot pounds tq is all that is required after adjustment is performed .
Make all your marks before applying the oil :) or take a good reference photo before starting the adjustments .
@Sandow this may also help the issue your having that we spoke on the phone about a few weeks ago .
I'm going to take my bird out maybe tonight to try it out , but may not happen till next weekend . I'll report back any changes here in this thread .

On a side note when I removed the balance shaft out of my ZRX years ago , and caped the oil feed the vibrations in middle rpms
( cruise rpms ) were absolutely horrible . This part does a big job in making a bike comfortable on the hands .

Yea thanks bryan. I checked that already and mine was still well balanced. The throttle body sync made the major difference for me even though i still have slightly more vibrations around 4500 rpm than before!

Reactions: c10
Back