redbox Movie rental. ShimSham

Been using Redbox for a couple of years and have only been overcharged once, so that's one dollar for well over 100 rentals at $1 each. Yeah, I was pissed at them, and their customer service is basically one giant "No!", but it's still pretty hard to beat a $1 a night rental. Heck, the cable company wants $6 to $9 to "rent" something they stream to my cable box.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but glad you took action and got your credit card straightened out.

family video ..local store 99cent per vid 2.50 for 5 nights 10 bucks for 1/2 off all month

blockbuster or buy them. downloading also works :whistle: its just they start adding up fast at 4.5-50gigs a pop

Whoa. 4.5-50gig a pop? If I were downloading movies, and I'm not saying that I do :whistle:, they are HD and only 700mb-800mb each. I'm not sure what you're getting but that seems really bloated.

I use both netflix and redbox. As stated, I get email alerts when anything is rented and I get both a confirmation of the return AND a receipt of the charges. Seems like maybe that redbox is fekked up? ???

Netflix rocks, have the base subscription and use it to stream movies. Works great with a good connection, poor connections are not as good quality but you can still stream them and they do a good job buffering the feed. As with most things YMMV but works great anywhere in the US....but beware you can NOT use the service when on a non-US based IP connection.

I love Netflix, and ALWAYS get the new releases on the day they come out. I think there was some lawsuit a few years back about Netflix giving preference to suscribers who go through a few movies per month, and giving low priority to people who were returning discs every day. I get about 5-10 per month. A friend got about 20-30 a month, and he was never able to get new releases when they first came out. He switched to Blockbuster and is happy with them.
And I've never used redbox...When I saw the thread topic, I thought it was that box you hook up to your tv and connect to the internet and stream adult movies, but now I know it's something else. :whistle:

Back