red1100cc arrested in Memphis

i may be alone on this one, but i am and always will be on the side of cops, they are constantly being put under pressure and theres a million videos out there of "police brutality", but the way i look at it, if they are arresting someone or doing their job in some other way, and that person doesnt listen to the commands given, they have to escalate to the next level, "get down on the ground and put your hands behind your back" means just that, it doesnt mean ask me why or ignore it all together, and the same goes for bystanders, if they say clear the street or move along. then its in your best interest to move along, they arent doing that to prevent people from videotaping them, they are doing it so that there isnt anyone around that may want to start a fight with the cops cuz their friend is getting arrested, and the less people around, there will be fewer of the "fight the opression, why are you arresting him" people around and those people get arrested for obstuction of justice, which is "A criminal offense that involves interference, through words or actions, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court" meaning if they say move along so they can do their job and you dont move along its an obstruction of justice.... anyway...just my 2c and ill probably catch some flack for it... and before there are any comments about "id think differently if it were me getting arrested" that wont happen, as i do my best to always listen to what an officer tells me to do... which has never happened as i dont get in those situations and i doubt that i ever will and it wont happen when im drunk as i dont drink... let the cops do their thing, if you arent doing anything illegal, they tend to leave you alone....

Russ is good peeps if you ever meet him.. like I did you know how chill of a guy he is, I hope russ got a body guard in jail... because he really wont even hurt a fly... he is a cool cat that when he got to hi for a convention.. after a little bit of help ... he ended up riding my busa.. and I dont even let my wife borrow it...lol

Russ when everything settles lawyer up and try to get your cost back for a nonsense arrest..

i may be alone on this one, but i am and always will be on the side of cops, they are constantly being put under pressure and theres a million videos out there of "police brutality", but the way i look at it, if they are arresting someone or doing their job in some other way, and that person doesnt listen to the commands given, they have to escalate to the next level, "get down on the ground and put your hands behind your back" means just that, it doesnt mean ask me why or ignore it all together, and the same goes for bystanders, if they say clear the street or move along. then its in your best interest to move along, they arent doing that to prevent people from videotaping them, they are doing it so that there isnt anyone around that may want to start a fight with the cops cuz their friend is getting arrested, and the less people around, there will be fewer of the "fight the opression, why are you arresting him" people around and those people get arrested for obstuction of justice, which is "A criminal offense that involves interference, through words or actions, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court" meaning if they say move along so they can do their job and you dont move along its an obstruction of justice.... anyway...just my 2c and ill probably catch some flack for it... and before there are any comments about "id think differently if it were me getting arrested" that wont happen, as i do my best to always listen to what an officer tells me to do... which has never happened as i dont get in those situations and i doubt that i ever will and it wont happen when im drunk as i dont drink... let the cops do their thing, if you arent doing anything illegal, they tend to leave you alone....

Im sorry but saying clear the street and shoving people and screaming InTheir faces is different things. I'm all for the police and police being safe, but in the States we have laws to protect us from abuse by those in power. It appears someone abused their power they arrested a good guy who happens to have lots of law type friends seeing as he works closely with lawyers and politicians.

Also they don't have a right to destroy your property.

Be glad it was Memphis, red, and not NYC you were visiting.... Memphis only arrested and booked you illegally.

But for those long-haired, dope-smoking, drum-circle hippies in NYC this morning, t'was a different story:

UP AGAINST THE FENCE, LONG-HAIR!!!!!!!!!!

pb-111115-ows-da-13.photoblog900.jpg

DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK?!!!!!!!!!!

pb-111115-ows-da-10.photoblog900.jpg

SMACKDOWN TIME, LONG-HAIR!!!!!!! :laugh:

pb-111115-ows-da-11.photoblog900.jpg

Saved the best photo for last....

{voice=Cartman} RESPECT MAH AUTHOR-IT-TAY!!!!!!!!!! {/voice}

pb-111115-ows-da-12.photoblog900.jpg

red1100cc arrested in Memphis- the long version.

My trip began an uneventful as any other. Early flight out, a few drinks for breakfast in the Denver airport. Nice flight into Memphis. Picked up by the Christians at the airport and taken to the motel.
I fly in a day early to relax a little before 2 intense days of meetings. I hop on a trolley and head down to where the action is. Beale Street seems to be the place.

I spend the evening enjoying some good music as I sip on a $2 margrita. The band finishes up and I head down to Blue City BBQ. It’s a neat little café with a little bar in back with a picture of Jerry Lee Louis on the wall. I try out their ribs and have a shot and a local beer. Entertained and happy, I head back to the room. Happy and full. Stopping on my way to give my leftover ribs to the Occupy Hippies.

The next day I dink around the motel, greet friends as they arrive, take a nap. I talked Irish into going to sun records with me. It ended up being a long walk to the 700 block of Union ave. it was neat though. a lot of really awesome people have recorded there. Elvis, Orbison, Cash, BB King, the list go on and on. They still record there at night and do tours in the day.
Very very freakin groovy place!

Closed meetings began at 7pm. And we got out late. Hungry I head to get a Dryer burger. A double double with bacon fries and a coke.mmmmm
Full and happy I cross the street to unwind back at a bar I had found the night before, The Tap Room. The doorman remembered me (im a memorable guy) and just waves me in w/o paying the cover. I have a beer and a shot, and head back to the motel. Remembering the long walk the night before I catch a taxi. Riding back to the motel in a purple taxi with some pimpin rims.

Meetings begin early the next morning.
Region reports, and seminars. One seminar I found extremely interesting was one put on by lawyer Tom Monceret about filming police. Your right to film, and the publics right to observe police encounters.
Meetings get and I spend a few talking with friends and exchanging ideas with other board members.
It gets late, and the grey beards go to bed.
Well I’m an insomniac. The Christians are going to be here at 6am to come get me for the plane.
I m bored and awake. I guess I’ll sleep on the plane. So it’s off to the Tap Room where I am waved in again and sit there and listen to a really good rockin blues band. I try a local pint, and sip on my drink for an hour or so. The band stops and the bartender buys me another pint, inviting me to stay and chat with him and the doorman/bouncer while they clean up.
Were getting along pretty well, talking about motorcycle, motorcycle rights, citizen rights, good stuff.
After they close they invite me to go with them upstairs next door to the absinthe lounge.
That place was chill. They showed me how to pour absinthe, and told me all bout the different kinds, and bla bla bla. I tried it. But didn’t really dig the taste, strong anisette.

At 4:30 that place closed and we all went out on the street. Beginning to say our goodbyes, me ready to head back to the room and pack, maybe grabbing a bite on the way there.
When we notice a large scuffle of people and a crowd gathering, observing officers make an arrest of some fella havin a hard time with his lady friend.

HERES WHERE MY STORY GOES BAD!

I think to myself “I just went through siminar on this, I know my rights, I don’t get to see this very often, cops don’t act like “this†in Wyoming, I should get this on film.

Knowing what I know now, I was WAY unprepared for what was about to happen to me!!!!!!!!

We were a fair distance away, standing on the sidewalk, a group of about 10 people, a few of us with our cameras out filming, a blonde haired officer in his late 20’s early 30’s comes rushing over to our group and run at us, arns pushing all of us back about 10’ down the sidewalk screaming in our faces “clear the street!†spittle hits my face as he screams at us. He has pushed me to where my back is to him. He stops pushing us and the group of people I was standing with just stands there for a second or two. I slowly, non aggressively, calmly, turn around and ask the officer that had pushed us, what his name and badge number was, all the while with my camera filming with the light on.
At this point the officer approaches me and grabs me by the camera arm and tells me “that’s enough of that! Your going to jail!†I tell him very calmly “I am not resisting!†he says “ I know!†“why an I under arrest officer?†at first he didn’t tell me, but after a few minutes of searching me and throwing my stuff on the ground, stomping on all my contents of my pockets dumped on the ground. I ask if I can secure my effects, he says “NO!“
As he puts me in the car he tells me I am under arrest for disorderly conduct and public intoxication! I tell him “I’m not drunk!†(4 drinks in 5hrs, I’m NOT DRUNK!) “and I was not disorderly. All I did was ask for your name and badge number.â€. He did not respond. “are you going to give me a sobriety test or a breathalyzer?“ he answers “No.“
So at that point I did the hard thing and SHUT UP!
I didn’t say a word. They took my butt to jail where I was fingerprinted and booked. Stripped of my clothes and dressed out in jail Blues, given a blue blanket and a paper bag full of a sheet, toiletries, cup, and I donno what else.
I sat in holding, making frantic calls to everyone I could get a number for. They gave me 60 seconds to get numbers out of my phone and write them on a piece of paper. My wife sets up an account to talk with me. $25!
Let me tell you what brothers and sisters, jail in Memphis SUCKS!
There are more people in jail in Memphis as there were in Buchenwhald concentration camp at any one time! there are some vicious people in that jail, if you doubt me just check put the inmate list. Robbery, rape of a child, murder, they have it all!
I kept to myself. Put on the tough as nails front and hoped like hell my wife and friends were going to get me out SOON!

It took over 13 hours to get me out of jail. I was finally released around 4pm Sunday. I right away went across the street to Battle Bond to sign papers. I just sign what ever they put in front of me. I didn’t have a clue what I was doing. Just sign this and that and I stay a free man..atleast til tomorrow.

I return to my motel to begin damage control. I call here and there tapping all my contacts in the area. I call home and start tapping resources I have back home. Around midnight I come across the fact I am facing 60 days in jail and $2000 in fines!!!!
At this point I kinda freak but calls, e-mails, and texts started rolling in. I quickly begin to call lawyers and leave messages. I NEED A LAWYER NOW!
I fall asleep for a few hours and wake up at 6. Begin calling everyone again. Friends are doing “damage control†for me as fast as they can. I’m waiting in line.
Waiting for the doors to the courtroom to open up. #13 out of 16 courtrooms holding session that morning. I finally finally, receive a call back from a recommended lawyer. I tell him my situation and he tells me things already in the works, don’t worry, we have got you covered, we are going to get you off this, everything will be ok. Best thing I had ever ever been told by someone I have never met. The doors open. “if you have a lawyer, sit on the right. if you don’t have a lawyer, sit on the left.â€
I sit on the right. And wait, and wait court begins “ all rise†.,. where is my lawyer? 5min, 10min, 20min, case after case after case.
Well I guess they were 3 cases in when my lawyer came in. “Russell Reddick?†that’s me. I go out of the courtroom and talk with her. She tells me don’t worry were going to get all the charges dismissed, just say thank you your honor before we leave.
She interrupts the court. I stand up. Approach the bench, following my lawyer. The judge says “all charges have been dropped, we’re sorry for the inconvenience Mr. Reddick.†I say “Thank You your honor.†and out the door I go. A free man.

I walk out the door after a short talk the lawyer. Moments later, I’m on the phone getting a plane ticket and hiking toward a bank to pull out cash to give the lawyer.
6 hours later I was on a plane home. Much smarter and wiser my brothers and Sisters.
I went into a situation knowing my rights but unprepared to deal with the consequences of standing up for those rights.
I have learned a lot of lessons I will not soon forget.

I got home at 11:30 last night. Friends and family waiting at the airport.
Im happy to be home.
Thank god for good friends and family.
They have already started raising money to help cover the cost.

Im very very glad to be home!

It sucks when knowing your rights puts you in hot water. I swear when you try and use them it makes you a criminal anymore.

Being righteous gets you slammed a lot nowadays. They treat you like a criminal because they (I know not all cops are bad, but a lot are) think they can do whatever they want. What sucks is a lot of people do not have resourses like you did and would probably have gotten the 60 days in jail for doing what you did, but glad it all worked out for you.

Wow Russ, that is some story. Glad the charges were dropped in the end though. Although too bad you had to coop up with the scum of the earth for 13 hours and deal with all the other BS. Just curious, do you still have what you filmed, or did that "disappear" ?

Being righteous gets you slammed a lot nowadays. They treat you like a criminal because they (I know not all cops are bad, but a lot are) think they can do whatever they want. What sucks is a lot of people do not have resourses like you did and would probably have gotten the 60 days in jail for doing what you did, but glad it all worked out for you.

the police are the biggest, baddest, gang in this country. there are more of them than Hell's Angels, they are 4 times tougher than the Outlaws, and they can and will f up your life and kick your ass.

i am very lucky, i am who i am. when i say my friends did "damage control" what i mean is = i had one of my board members call the Governors office and speak with his friend Bill Haslam. that office in turn contacted the office of A C Wharton, Jr.; going through these channels, my friends did "Damage control." that's how my lawyer knew i was a free man before i even stepped in front of the judge.
had i not had friends in high places, i doubt highly doubt i would be home now!

take this as a lesson Brothers and Sisters.
prepare yourself before you journey out into this great country of ours.
have bail money ready. at least $2000 in the bank just in case.
have a parson that can accept collect calls from a jail or is willing to set up an account with their credit card if you happen to call from jail.
carry a list of lawyers in the areas you intend to visit.
if you are going to film anything, make sure it automatically uploads to the internet.
if at all possible never go anywhere alone!

Wow Russ, that is some story. Glad the charges were dropped in the end though. Although too bad you had to coop up with the scum of the earth for 13 hours and deal with all the other BS. Just curious, do you still have what you filmed, or did that "disappear" ?

my tec guy has, as of yet, been unable to retrieve any pics or videos. he was able to get it working to where it CAN take pics and videos again. he said he doesn't know what they did to it, but they messed it up pretty good. :down:

you may ask "would you do it again?"

YES, YES I WOULD!
I stepped up and began filming what i thought may be a wrong. when confronted i did my best to stand up for my rights as an American citizen. i feel it is my duty as a human to stand up when others are being abused, and to report when the police are breaking the law.

i will however, do things quite differently next time i am in this situation! (to keep me from going to jail & protect my evidence).

We Have Rights In This Country!

Together We Are Strong!

Between the years 2001 and 2010 nearly 1700 Law Enforcement Officers lost their lives while on duty. So far this year 155 Men and Women have given their lives protecting you and yours. Law Enforcement as a whole in this country has the honor above all other professions of leading suicides, failed marriages, and a shortened life span.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...7476-ncom-regional-memphis-tn-nov-12th-2.html

"Possibly yall could share in a libation or two with me."
"i get in Thursday afternoon. i'll probably hang around the motel til evening then go find a bar with good music. "
"not looking forward to the flight though. i have had a few bad experiences flying. i hate that i can't have a pocket knife, or a pint of whiskey on a plane. ahh and NO SMOKING! anywhere! why do they still have ashtrays in the bathrooms and in some seats on planes? that's just wrong.
can't wait to see if i get chosen for special "feel up" this time. "

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/157635-red1100cc-arrested-memphis.html

"here's the short story
i was filming officers on Beale St. make an arrest when an officer approached a group of us and pushed us, quite violently i might add, about 10' down the sidewalk, screaming in our faces "clear the street!". i thought that was ****ed up! so i turned to him, and with my camera still on him, i asked for his name and badge number (thinking i would file a complaint later). when i did this, i was arrested for disorderly conduct and public intox. all my video and pic were erased off my phone by the arresting officer, and i went to jail.
i got a lawyer went to court this morning and all charges were dropped.
it was bull**** anyway. i wasn't drunk and i was being as polite as i can. i never raised my voice.
i work with the police on a regular basis ans have never been treated this way by an officer.
it cost me my flight out of here, extra motel and food costs, had to pay the bondsmen, Lawyer fees, exct..
Memphis Can Kiss My Butt,
im happy to be free!
Im going home, never to return, ever ever ever again! "

"My trip began an uneventful as any other. Early flight out, a few drinks for breakfast in the Denver airport. Nice flight into Memphis. Picked up by the Christians at the airport and taken to the motel.
I fly in a day early to relax a little before 2 intense days of meetings. I hop on a trolley and head down to where the action is. Beale Street seems to be the place.
I spend the evening enjoying some good music as I sip on a $2 margrita. The band finishes up and I head down to Blue City BBQ. It’s a neat little café with a little bar in back with a picture of Jerry Lee Louis on the wall. I try out their ribs and have a shot and a local beer. Entertained and happy, I head back to the room. Happy and full. Stopping on my way to give my leftover ribs to the Occupy Hippies.
The next day I dink around the motel, greet friends as they arrive, take a nap. I talked Irish into going to sun records with me. It ended up being a long walk to the 700 block of Union ave. it was neat though. a lot of really awesome people have recorded there. Elvis, Orbison, Cash, BB King, the list go on and on. They still record there at night and do tours in the day.
Very very freakin groovy place!
Closed meetings began at 7pm. And we got out late. Hungry I head to get a Dryer burger. A double double with bacon fries and a coke.mmmmm
Full and happy I cross the street to unwind back at a bar I had found the night before, The Tap Room. The doorman remembered me (im a memorable guy) and just waves me in w/o paying the cover. I have a beer and a shot, and head back to the motel. Remembering the long walk the night before I catch a taxi. Riding back to the motel in a purple taxi with some pimpin rims.
Meetings begin early the next morning.
Region reports, and seminars. One seminar I found extremely interesting was one put on by lawyer Tom Monceret about filming police. Your right to film, and the publics right to observe police encounters.
Meetings get and I spend a few talking with friends and exchanging ideas with other board members.
It gets late, and the grey beards go to bed.
Well I’m an insomniac. The Christians are going to be here at 6am to come get me for the plane.
I m bored and awake. I guess I’ll sleep on the plane. So it’s off to the Tap Room where I am waved in again and sit there and listen to a really good rockin blues band. I try a local pint, and sip on my drink for an hour or so. The band stops and the bartender buys me another pint, inviting me to stay and chat with him and the doorman/bouncer while they clean up.
Were getting along pretty well, talking about motorcycle, motorcycle rights, citizen rights, good stuff.
After they close they invite me to go with them upstairs next door to the absinthe lounge.
That place was chill. They showed me how to pour absinthe, and told me all bout the different kinds, and bla bla bla. I tried it. But didn’t really dig the taste, strong anisette.
At 4:30 that place closed and we all went out on the street. Beginning to say our goodbyes, me ready to head back to the room and pack, maybe grabbing a bite on the way there.
When we notice a large scuffle of people and a crowd gathering, observing officers make an arrest of some fella havin a hard time with his lady friend.
HERES WHERE MY STORY GOES BAD!
I think to myself “I just went through siminar on this, I know my rights, I don’t get to see this very often, cops don’t act like “this†in Wyoming, I should get this on film.
Knowing what I know now, I was WAY unprepared for what was about to happen to me!!!!!!!!
We were a fair distance away, standing on the sidewalk, a group of about 10 people, a few of us with our cameras out filming, a blonde haired officer in his late 20’s early 30’s comes rushing over to our group and run at us, arns pushing all of us back about 10’ down the sidewalk screaming in our faces “clear the street!†spittle hits my face as he screams at us. He has pushed me to where my back is to him. He stops pushing us and the group of people I was standing with just stands there for a second or two. I slowly, non aggressively, calmly, turn around and ask the officer that had pushed us, what his name and badge number was, all the while with my camera filming with the light on.
At this point the officer approaches me and grabs me by the camera arm and tells me “that’s enough of that! Your going to jail!†I tell him very calmly “I am not resisting!†he says “ I know!†“why an I under arrest officer?†at first he didn’t tell me, but after a few minutes of searching me and throwing my stuff on the ground, stomping on all my contents of my pockets dumped on the ground. I ask if I can secure my effects, he says “NO!“
As he puts me in the car he tells me I am under arrest for disorderly conduct and public intoxication! I tell him “I’m not drunk!†(4 drinks in 5hrs, I’m NOT DRUNK!) “and I was not disorderly. All I did was ask for your name and badge number.â€. He did not respond. “are you going to give me a sobriety test or a breathalyzer?“ he answers “No.“
So at that point I did the hard thing and SHUT UP!
I didn’t say a word. They took my butt to jail where I was fingerprinted and booked. Stripped of my clothes and dressed out in jail Blues, given a blue blanket and a paper bag full of a sheet, toiletries, cup, and I donno what else.
I sat in holding, making frantic calls to everyone I could get a number for. They gave me 60 seconds to get numbers out of my phone and write them on a piece of paper. My wife sets up an account to talk with me. $25!
Let me tell you what brothers and sisters, jail in Memphis SUCKS!
There are more people in jail in Memphis as there were in Buchenwhald concentration camp at any one time! there are some vicious people in that jail, if you doubt me just check put the inmate list. Robbery, rape of a child, murder, they have it all!
I kept to myself. Put on the tough as nails front and hoped like hell my wife and friends were going to get me out SOON!
It took over 13 hours to get me out of jail. I was finally released around 4pm Sunday. I right away went across the street to Battle Bond to sign papers. I just sign what ever they put in front of me. I didn’t have a clue what I was doing. Just sign this and that and I stay a free man..atleast til tomorrow.
I return to my motel to begin damage control. I call here and there tapping all my contacts in the area. I call home and start tapping resources I have back home. Around midnight I come across the fact I am facing 60 days in jail and $2000 in fines!!!!
At this point I kinda freak but calls, e-mails, and texts started rolling in. I quickly begin to call lawyers and leave messages. I NEED A LAWYER NOW!
I fall asleep for a few hours and wake up at 6. Begin calling everyone again. Friends are doing “damage control†for me as fast as they can. I’m waiting in line.
Waiting for the doors to the courtroom to open up. #13 out of 16 courtrooms holding session that morning. I finally finally, receive a call back from a recommended lawyer. I tell him my situation and he tells me things already in the works, don’t worry, we have got you covered, we are going to get you off this, everything will be ok. Best thing I had ever ever been told by someone I have never met. The doors open. “if you have a lawyer, sit on the right. if you don’t have a lawyer, sit on the left.â€
I sit on the right. And wait, and wait court begins “ all rise†.,. where is my lawyer? 5min, 10min, 20min, case after case after case.
Well I guess they were 3 cases in when my lawyer came in. “Russell Reddick?†that’s me. I go out of the courtroom and talk with her. She tells me don’t worry were going to get all the charges dismissed, just say thank you your honor before we leave.
She interrupts the court. I stand up. Approach the bench, following my lawyer. The judge says “all charges have been dropped, we’re sorry for the inconvenience Mr. Reddick.†I say “Thank You your honor.†and out the door I go. A free man.
I walk out the door after a short talk the lawyer. Moments later, I’m on the phone getting a plane ticket and hiking toward a bank to pull out cash to give the lawyer.
6 hours later I was on a plane home. Much smarter and wiser my brothers and Sisters.
I went into a situation knowing my rights but unprepared to deal with the consequences of standing up for those rights.
I have learned a lot of lessons I will not soon forget.
I got home at 11:30 last night. Friends and family waiting at the airport.
Im happy to be home.
Thank god for good friends and family.
They have already started raising money to help cover the cost.
Im very very glad to be home! "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't there so I won't dispute your side of the story, however I will make some comments about your story. I don't know the laws of the state of Tennessee. Where I live PDC Public Disorderly Conduct, is like most things in this world a judgement call. Here a person only has to be loud or profane or intoxicated while in public. There is no level of intoxication within the law as in DUI, so no you were not administered any test. You were not read your rights because you weren't being investigated or interrogated. They must hire some big boys in Tennessee bc by your account this young strapping lad, probably a Captain pushed you and nine or ten others down a sidewalk while yelling and spitting on you.......oh boy, anyway, here I would have asked you to step back 50 feet, and warned you , you were about to be arrested for interfering, when you turned around, threw your camera in my face and demanded my name and badge I would have arrested you. If you really upset me or I had had a bad day dealing with all the occupy folks I would have hit you with everything on the book including PDC. You can frown on me for that one, and I typically don't behave that way. It's called stacking. Something I don't practice. What you call damage control I call corruption. I'm happy it went the way it did for you and you're home safe and sound with loved ones. That's the way it's suppose to be. I don't think it takes a genius to read through all your comments and discover that you had a few , your inhibitions lowered, you've been pumped up at a seminar about all your rights and decided to film something.

I hope you did learn a few things from this experience and I want to leave one more golden nugget for anyone reading this. If you see a scuffle or anything that involves a police officer and it doesn't appear to be peaceful; walk away and avoid getting hurt or killed. It's one thing to film or observe something from a great distance, a few floors up, etc. but it's not smart to crowd in and then start causing problems. You become a threat to that officer real quick. He just wants to go home to his family at the end of the day like you, but he stands a significantly smaller chance of it.

I don't need anyone filming me, I have at any given moment at least two audio/video devices on me at any given time and more if other officers are on scene. That's to protect me from the public.

Please forgive If I offended, I only wanted to give a little food for thought.

Back