Red Ring of Death!

ArmyBusa08

Registered
So it finally visited me the other day. Here I am, about to pop in Moto GP '07 and run a few laps around Qatar when it just locked up and died. Restarted it, and there it was, in all it's crimson death glory. So now I don't have an Xbox to play... SAD! I'm debating whether or not I want to crack it open. I just contacted Microsoft by e-mail to see if sending it from over here is even an option. Oh well... guess I have to go buy an Elite system now!

some kind of disease?
laugh.gif
must be some kind of common malady for a game station?

Yeah, when you get the red ring of death for the Xbox 360 it means General Hardware Failure... in other words, nice paper weight

I have a quick fix for the red rings of death. Take your xbox wrap it in a towel so all the vents are blocked. Turn it on and leave it running for 1-2 hours so it heats up real hot. After that unplug it and stick it in the freezer till it cools maybe 2 hours. take it out and let it sit to get back to room temp. Plug it in if it still doesn't work your f*cked and you have to send it to Microsoft. This trick does work for most cases of 3 red lights.

It won't run for that long anymore. It goes straight to the red ring without any of the systems booting up or spinning

I have a quick fix for the red rings of death. Take your xbox wrap it in a towel so all the vents are blocked. Turn it on and leave it running for 1-2 hours so it heats up real hot. After that unplug it and stick it in the freezer till it cools maybe 2 hours. take it out and let it sit to get back to room temp. Plug it in if it still doesn't work your f*cked and you have to send it to Microsoft. This trick does work for most cases of 3 red lights.
whoa never heard of this one before lol i just sent mine in earlyer this month kinda glad i bought the extended warranty through xbox

If you check the net the method is on alot of xbox forums and works a good pretty well. I've had a couple friends that have done it and there xbox's are still working.

Before you crack it open i bought my xbox 360 2 years ago and got the 3 rings of death 5 days ago i called 1-800-4my-xbox and talked to them. if you have the 3 rings of death they fix it for free. 3 years coverage for 3 years on 3 rings of death. Here is the trick they wont be able to fix it so they send you a new xbox 360 woo hoo.

Yeah, but I won't be back stateside for another 5 months. I e-mailed them to see if they can still do that whole process out here... hopefully they can, and maybe even hook me up
smile.gif

+1 My cousin did the towel thing and it worked on his.

MY 360 just flat would not read a disc AT ALL the other day. Never got the "Red ring of death", but it wouldnt read any discs (games, CD's, DVD's) NOTHIN!!!

I had bought an extended warranty thru Best Buy and went to return it and swap it out for another and BEST UY WAS SOLD OUT...NATIONWIDE!! I asked when they would have more in, they said "sir, we have no clue". I waited 2 months for them to get another one in stock ANYWHERE in the US, and i got nothin. So, gave them the broken XBOX back and all the components and games i bought, they gave me a full store credit for everything including a pro-rated store credit for the extended 2 yr warranty.

...so i picked up a Sirius Stiletto 2and bought a lifetime membership
beerchug.gif

Oh, but yeah, good luck with that XBOX.

There was something wrong with the program board they installed in that XBOX 360, My son's had there 360 do the same thing. The new XBOX 360's come with the new Falcon Board which seems to of taken care of the heating problems. Ask them about replacing you Reg Board and upgrading to the Falcon .

Uncle Bill will have it fixed in 21 revisions from now... just hold on.

Back